• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader New trader

• Thread starter DeletedUser3032
  • Start date

DeletedUser3032

[Summary]:

To settle ongoing problems with the new trading system which the majority of players are not in favor of.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Y

[Details]:

1. The complete removal of Wholesaler.

If this is a design issue (I do not think it would be), the tab can be used for something else to do with trading. Examples:

• Separate coins + supplies trades from resources only trades.
    • Information page explaining the STAR system.
    • Plenty of other things people can come up with.

2. Inclusion of COINS + SUPPLIES in the drop-down lists in Place Offer tab.

This is something a minor could do.

• Coins <> Supplies can NOT be traded between each other.

3. New separate ratio for coins + supplies > resources.

Do not ask me for a complete solution to the ratios however there must be the following points implemented.

• Minimum trade ratios but much stricter than resources. So your not able to trade 1k planks for 1 coin.
4. Set figures / value / cost.

If number 3 is going to cause more problems than what it's worth then the following should be implemented.

Coins/Supplies > Resources must be entered in multiples of 10000.
Incorrect entries will cause the input boxes to correct the figures to the nearest 10000 if there is the coins/supplies available.

Example #1
Offer: Coins 10000
Wanting: Planks 45

Example #2
Offer: Coins 20000
Wanting: Marble 90

Example #3
Wanting: Crystal 25

Example #4
Offer: Coins 30000
Wanting: Silk 50

Example #5
Wanting: Gems 5

Example #6
Offer: Coins 40000
Wanting: 20

Obviously these ratios probably wont work as it's well off the figures currently in use.

FURTHER IDEA (taken from other games)

Keep the wholesaler, fluctuate price throughout the day (20 mins or so intervals) like a stock market with a max of buying 10k a day. So each day you will be paying different prices. Buy 4k now and can buy 6k resources 4hrs later.

[Reasons for Implementing]: New system currently in use is unfair and will cause more harm than good in multiple of way. Smaller player base, less interest and participation by current players and lower revenue from sales.

[Balance]:

Pros:

• Will increase player participation in tournaments, events and generally throughout the entire game.
    • Will not affect your stream of revenue from diamond sales.
    • Will free up extra space (wholesaler tab) for future development. Possibly another users suggestion.
    • Server read/write decreased from removing wholesaler. (Should balance out).
    • PLUS lots more.
Cons:

• May increase server read/write to the game database but this will depend on how the trades are actually done in the background at present.

[Visual Aids]: Will edit and post later

Please comment on any improvements, more pros + cons and even some sort of ratio which would be fair for both players and Inno keeping the game balanced.

Even negative feedback is good feedback so please comment below.

All good / fair well constructed suggestions will be edited into the post.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3034

I'm thinking the 2 star ratio might be related to production cost, much as it is for goods/goods trade. The question is since production requires coin and supplies, a value of coin to supply needs to be setablished. As far as I am in the game, there is no way to trade one for the other, that I have found, so how do they compare in value?

I hear talk of mana...again farther than I've gotten, so I have no clue. Is it involved in goods production, and if so, how does it get valued in?

All that said, I see potential in this idea.

+1

DeletedUser3103

how about we just put the trader back as it was???? Sometimes you dont need to improve a thing.. it was great the way it was... Majority of players found it to be fair... whereas now... well... read anywhere you like... majority dont like it... people are leaving the game because of it... and 'ABBA' is appearing everywhere... (visit me I visit you) cos people are after supplies now more than ever as the new wholesaler and rising costs, all be it only on a daily basis, make coinage all but useless.

Timneh

Artisan
This is a great idea. It should solve a lot of the issues that are causing bad feeling toward the devs as long as the price for the goods is not insanely high. I think it would create good competition between players if we could set our own demands for what we wanted to sell/trade but that might cause more problems than it solves. Just a thought. Still a great idea and it needs to be put to the devs for them to look into.

DeletedUser3032

@gandolfus yes there is a problem for us to work out an exact ratio because we do not know exactly the values Inno believes supplies and coins use.

@Claudette I agree the simplest answer is to revert back to the last trader. However having a wholesaler brings resources not produced by someone into the resource pool and we lose larger sums of resources/supplies/coins to get them. If coins/supplies were able to be used to purchase resources from each other, the only resources/coin/supplies in the pool are user created. This would slow the game but not as much as this last update has done. So it would be in the middle somewhere.

@Timneh problem with having to much flexibility in trading will make people use multiple accounts and just trade between them. Could have a account full of just level 23 houses and culture. Trading coin for resource/tools from other accounts at the lowest ratio to help which ever account to advance in manufacturing.

But I would say even if the prices are set high at least the coins/supplies are staying with a player in your area or in the same fellowship to potentially buy something back off you. Depending on which way round the trade was done.

DeletedUser2886

I agree with almost everything here and agree its far better than the current wholesaler. For me I would love to see no separation of the trades though. So you could trade coins>supplies or goods>coins etc whatever all possible combinations. I prefer the freedom and variety of that system. I'm sure someone will tell me how this will destroy the market/economy though, or encourage "abuse" via alts but really that is nothing new in online games. Its not like those alts play themselves, well unless they are botting it of course but that's a whole different debate.

I haven't really thought the "freedom of trading with any resource" suggestion through properly I guess, it's just something I've always thought would be nice to have but never really mentioned it because it was only a minor thing for me compared to other things I think that need addressing in the game (which I will leave for another topic)

Last edited by a moderator: