• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered New Player Basic Questions Proile/Upgrade order/Expansions

DeletedUser3042

Hello all I have just started playing about a week ago or so and love it. Slowly getting the hang of things but cant find answer to my question on wikki
Underneath the Profile in game below Fellowship some have a plain gold swirly design and some have a Cat (Cougar?) I have a cat, what does that mean? Is it a Rank Title? If so what is it called? does it change as you get higher?
I have not joined a fellowship yet but I don't think that has anything to do with it since I now have a cat.

Also can I throw in another question,
Is there a best order in the way of upgrading things? I see some players with all the Manufacturies, like 2 of each, but all of their buildings are about 2 or more levels less than me, yet I have difficulty getting enough citizens to make another manufactury ie steel/marble/planks. Is have been upgrading to try to keep all at same level, now I wonder if I should leave my Workshops at a lower level than the rest so I don't find it so hard to have enough citizens.

I find there's never enough room for Culture as I see this is common throughout the game it says you need to rely on neighborly help....Is there a way to get expansions before "learning the next one" I dont see how you have enough room to follow the quest line if you have to wait for the next one?
I find the fellowships have either 25 or 1 mostly at what point should I join one? Trying to remember my rank/points lol I am just over 1000
Thank You in advance for any help :)

Cregganroe

Conjurer
Entirely up to you when you join or if you join a fellowship as to space, culture and citizens you will find that you will battle this all through the game..... You can also get expansions on the world map by completing provinces.... Which will become harder as you go through the game as well... I'm not sure what you mean by the cougar sorry.... I took a look at your city and for only playing for a week you are doing really well ;)

Cregganroe

Conjurer
Duh how thick am I.... I just realised that you are probably talking about the emblem which is the emblem of their chosen fellowship sorry

DeletedUser3042

No just below the Emblam, the whole thing is outlined in gold, profile pic username rank messages and fellowship emblam, I thought it was just a plain gold scroll outlining it all at first now I see a cat below (I am human) But maybe Im loosing it lol....perhaps It was my Elve city that was plain scroll and the human city is like that. just thought it meant something like it does in another game I played.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
What I will say though is if I were you I'd only build the boosted manufactories and keep your citizens for them and trade for all other goods and that is when a fellowship really pays dividends because they will help you by trading fairly with you and in the small amounts you need at the start.... If you are not sure of your boosted goods have a look at the 2nd page in your main hall:)

DeletedUser3042

Thanks I have 2 of each manufactury but plan to get more marble as that is my boost so I can use to trade maybe once in a fellowship I will delete one of each steel/plank. I think I have Crystal boost once I get it researched. I will have a look at pg 2 MH thanks!

DeletedUser

Probably one of the developers is a big fan of cats. It is just part of the border of the and doesn't have any purpose other than as a decoration as far as I can tell. Maybe the little triangle spikes around your portrait are it's teeth.

DeletedUser3034

To the original question: I have just done about 2 dozen city visits, and my conclusion - Humans get the cat thing, Elves have a branch with leaves below their pictures. The branch makes sense, elves and nature, as to why a cat? Maybe Arjavh is right, dev likes cats.