• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Pet: New Frags Source

With the latest AW change, to say that frags are in short supply would be an understatement. With 600k+ needed to level a single AW, a new source of frags is needed. I've touched on this idea in the associated General Discussion thread but will give a few more ideas here.

First pet idea: A pet that gives frags based on a player's weekly tournament score, say up to a multiplier of 10. This will encourage players to fairly contribute towards their FS's tournament score and, ultimately, the number of tournament chests earned. With 166k points needed to gain all chests; each player in a 25-member FS needs to get 6,640 points, assuming a FS wanting to put in only the minimum effort. Then, as a bonus, that player also gets 66,400 frags for feeding their new pet. 66,400 frags is nothing if you consider that to level an AW requires frags at a value 1000 times the next upgrade level.

Second pet idea: A pet that gives a multiplier bonus for disenchanting inventory, say up to a multiplier of 10. Disenchanting a 4x3 event building gives 720 frags; so disenchanting such a building, with this pet fed, would give 7,200 frags instead. As a rough estimate, the frag value of my event-building haul is about 10k-20k per event. Using this pet would bump that frag value to 100k-200k per event. This may seem more generous than the first pet but events last longer than tournaments, sometimes up to 4 times as long. The balancing act is also already built into events, as there may be prizes that players want to use for their intended purpose rather than to frag. Plus, this would encourage more players to fully participate in events.

Third pet idea: A pet that swaps resources for frags. This can be thought of as an extension of the disenchanting concept or as the sister company of the Trader Wholesaler. These resource swaps could be an assortment of goods, sentient goods, ascended goods, mana, orcs, divine seeds, etc. This would create a rethink amongst players of resource management, increased participation in events to get Discovered Resource buildings, allow players to use the different surplus resources that occur at different points in their game, etc.

Hekata

Artisan
I like all 3 ideas, the 1st one being probably the easiest to code since they already have similar mechanics now for the Maze I think.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I like the first and third......both these would fit in for both newer and older players

OldHag

Necromancer
Any or all of these pets would be a great idea, not sure why something similar wasn't introduced to this current event, if only they'd done the maths before introducing the current mess to live.
@Silent Tempest - have you considered applying for a job at Inno, I have the feelilng you might have done a better job. :)

+1 per pet from me.

Any or all of these pets would be a great idea, not sure why something similar wasn't introduced to this current event, if only they'd done the maths before introducing the current mess to live.
@Silent Tempest - have you considered applying for a job at Inno, I have the feelilng you might have done a better job. :)

+1 per pet from me.
I appreciate the vote of confidence but I have a feeling that it would be a thankless task :D

I like them. What should the duration be on pet food?
I reckon a 5-day timer for each would work, like the Polar Bear.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I reckon a 5-day timer for each would work
You are too kind-hearted @Silent Tempest. :)

My years working for, and with, government taught me to ask for at least twice what you need. Then they may grant you half. :p

It doesn't always work that way though. Sometimes one is seen as being greedy or unrealistic, and cast into the rubbish bin of rejection. And other times there are people who simply don't like one's proposals because they are too good, and make them look like the incompetent toads they are. For example,

1707523205945.png