• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New donation tab for a team.

Improvement of game

Hi Elvenar team. Could you help our team, and I guess for a lot of other with donation Knowledge Points to another people in Fellowship. I guess it'll help to optimize messages and mail system in the game. I'm really unhappy to play last time, because our team have had a lot of conversation and new rules which doesn't work properly. So. I'm going to describe situation and solution.
Our team have some messages for a team with topik like 10KP, 20Kp...150Kp. Every of this mail chain using only for donation Knowledge Points to building of some people. For example: I open mail chain with 10Kp, next step add message with my building name and put 10 kp to building which was before my message.
We have issues with that sometimes and our mags help us to solve it. But it is not easy.
Suggestions: Could you add new tab, where Mag or Archimage are managers, and will be able to create or change settings. Tab will contain chain of donation, donation value will setup on create chain, for example 30Kp. Every who select chain donation, will donate KP to this chain an select own building for donation. System will automatically put donation from thread to building which was selected previous teammate donator. In case when next player donate to the chain it'll automatically donate to my building which I setup after my donation.
This will help to avoid collisions in our team. Will not use messages for user synchronization and will increase game performance. That will help mags and Archimage. And it will help to avoid searching buildings of player where I need donate. :)
Thank you for good game.

Pauly7

Magus
The system you are describing is one way to exchange KP. In my opinion, not the best one, but that's by the by. The point is that there are a lot of ways to do this. The developers have always left this aspect open to people to organise as they wish, if they wish to do it at all. It isn't a fundamental part of gameplay.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
We have a really simple KP exchange system - 5 mail threads (5KP, 10KP, 15KP, 20KP & 30KP), a player adds their name to the bottom of the thread first saying where they want the KP and then they go and deposit their KP in the named wonder of the last player in the thread. We have had this system for almost a year and we have never had a mix up or collision in all that time. Its a very simple and effective way to share KP - and every month a member of the mages circle will create new threads to avoid lag etc. they send these out with a reminder to delete the old threads.
I know there are other more complicated ways of doing it - but why make unnecessary problems, the simplest ways are often the fairest and least stressful - that way the players who want to participate can and others don't have to.

We have a really simple KP exchange system - 5 mail threads (5KP, 10KP, 15KP, 20KP & 30KP), a player adds their name to the bottom of the thread first saying where they want the KP and then they go and deposit their KP in the named wonder of the last player in the thread. We have had this system for almost a year and we have never had a mix up or collision in all that time. Its a very simple and effective way to share KP - and every month a member of the mages circle will create new threads to avoid lag etc. they send these out with a reminder to delete the old threads.
I know there are other more complicated ways of doing it - but why make unnecessary problems, the simplest ways are often the fairest and least stressful - that way the players who want to participate can and others don't have to.
Our team very active. We have a lot issue when two people write in the same time and donate to one person. Mail thread is not updating runtime. You will write message, close thread, open again and after that check who was preview. Otherwise situation can happen which I described. Second part of issue with that is forgot or wrong place donation. We have 24 team members and every have more than 10 buildings. It's easy to mistake with donation. Another things is donation over or less. When you donate, updating is not work fast. You need wait about some seconds for updating. Last changes in the game make our threads very crazy. And we are using chat now. Who wants update threads will write DT. That's like lock on KPs mail chains, player will write "done" after updating those mails, done is unlock. I don't know the best solution, but using mail threads and chats for those activities is not good.

The system you are describing is one way to exchange KP. In my opinion, not the best one, but that's by the by. The point is that there are a lot of ways to do this. The developers have always left this aspect open to people to organise as they wish, if they wish to do it at all. It isn't a fundamental part of gameplay.
Hi, could you describe your solution? How is working in your team? And new function is not mandatory to use, you can continue use own flow for it.

Pauly7

Magus
Our current system is the NetZero method. It is simpler than swap chains, it is fairer, and far less prone to errors. Essentially everyone fills their own Wonders, but donators take the exact KP reward values of each chest. Therefore the donators always get back exactly what they put in. The AW owner, however, always receives an exact 20% discount on filling each one.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Our current system is the NetZero method. It is simpler than swap chains, it is fairer, and far less prone to errors. Essentially everyone fills their own Wonders, but donators take the exact KP reward values of each chest. Therefore the donators always get back exactly what they put in. The AW owner, however, always receives an exact 20% discount on filling each one.
If you don’t update the system to include the runes, sooner or later you’ll get problems with hunters. For them is very profitable to grab your chest(s) for more than AK value (which is what you donate), but less than AK+runes value.

Simply said, after the runes-to-KP feature was added to the game, the NetZero system (chest matching, loan system, 20% off, whatever name) needs to address also the runes in the chests.

At firsts it’s tougher for the small players, because they’ll pay AK for runes’ value, but that’s just short adjustment period. Once they get some runes from the chests, they can keep reusing those for the runes’ value in chests.

Pauly7

Magus
Yes, I was giving the simplified description for this thread. There are several different nuances of NetZero to consider. The rune shard donating does rather throw a spanner into the works, not only from hunters, but also there can be internal jostling for the best chests. It's ironic really, when NetZero is the best option to counter Inno's awful archaic messaging system that they refuse to improve, then they immediately throw in a new initiative which messes it up.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
Our team very active. We have a lot issue when two people write in the same time and donate to one person. Mail thread is not updating runtime.
Thats really strange - we have 25 and all but one player has multiple AW's and especially after the tourney closes its bedlam but we have never had a problem with mail lag - as regards to mixing up buildings we tend to insist players use the hearts and if a AW becomes full then its announced in chat. I can see how a delay in mail arriving could cause confusion - we must just be lucky i guess.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
After a mail chain gets more than 100-150 messages, it tends to get a little laggy, so we just refresh them every once in a while. An (arch)mage closes all threads with a final message and starts up fresh new mail chains. This has so far been the best option to prevent lag. Only annoying thing is that in a fellowship with very active mail chains, this means that you have to refresh them at least once, but often more times a week.
Oh well, it comes with the job I suppose ;)