• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

new chapter xv1

• Thread starter DeletedUser2456
  • Start date

DeletedUser2456

is it just me or is this new chapter just so above stupid,,researching the fairy embassy apart from mega sentient goods you need 4600 fairy proposition..i can only make 105 every 3 hours !!! plus you need these to grow stuff in the senate ,so no way can you grow things you need and do this stupid research amount and it same for the dwarf one .
why did they do it so these embassy things used for both research and making goods then give you just over 100 every 3 hours ! think they lost the plot or want to go in game themselfs and try it ,over the top by far

Timneh

Artisan
Personally i think it is a ploy by the devs to make chapters take longer to complete so that they do not have players shouting for a new chapter a few weeks after they released one. I remember a while ago that someone said they completed a new chapter in 2 weeks, i don't remember who it was or which chapter it was though.

Pauly7

Magus
Exactly as @Timneh says. There are now so many ways to speed up progression through a chapter so they want to do what they can to slow people down. In an ideal world they want people playing this chapter until such time as the next one comes out. I don't see anything wrong with that. What else are you going to do once you've no more storyline to play?

Deleted User - 1759805

I remember a while ago that someone said they completed a new chapter in 2 weeks, i don't remember who it was or which chapter it was though.
When there is a will, there is a way, even now. I know a player who will be finished with chapter 16 in less than 2 weeks from now - so about a month total.

Gargon667

Mentor
When there is a will, there is a way, even now. I know a player who will be finished with chapter 16 in less than 2 weeks from now - so about a month total.

I could see playing the chapter as a challenge, the only problem is the chapter itself is so completely uninteresting I see not the smallest point in playing it at all :( Chapter 15 is a challenge, too and lots of people complained about it, but I think it was the best chapter in the game. Difficult yes, but at least you get something to show for when you finish. Barracks upgrade, Merc Camp upgrade, 3 unit upgrades. Each of which gives your town an actual boost! In addition you get standard upgrades for Main Hall, Armories, 2 research expansions, etc. And best of all, not a single SS upgrade to drag you down again!
Compare that to chapter 16 where you get none of the good stuff, only the standard stuff, but instead 2 obligatory SS upgrades dragging you down... So it may be a challenge, but one that knocks you over the head twice for making it through, while you have to look for improvements to your town with the magnifying glass... not for me thanks... I think I get a better benefit to my town if I simply take all the KP and put them into my AWs instead of the research tree, and that is not even taking into account all the other resources I save!
The only other chapter of similar uselessness was Elementals, but that at least is a simple matter of 2 or 3 weeks that doesn´t cost much in terms of resources. No use, no cost is not great, but much preferred over no use, high cost.

Julian

Sorcerer
But presumably there will be a Chapter 17, so you'll have to do 16 to get to it.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I could see playing the chapter as a challenge, the only problem is the chapter itself is so completely uninteresting I see not the smallest point in playing it at all :( Chapter 15 is a challenge, too and lots of people complained about it, but I think it was the best chapter in the game. Difficult yes, but at least you get something to show for when you finish. Barracks upgrade, Merc Camp upgrade, 3 unit upgrades. Each of which gives your town an actual boost! In addition you get standard upgrades for Main Hall, Armories, 2 research expansions, etc. And best of all, not a single SS upgrade to drag you down again!
Compare that to chapter 16 where you get none of the good stuff, only the standard stuff, but instead 2 obligatory SS upgrades dragging you down... So it may be a challenge, but one that knocks you over the head twice for making it through, while you have to look for improvements to your town with the magnifying glass... not for me thanks... I think I get a better benefit to my town if I simply take all the KP and put them into my AWs instead of the research tree, and that is not even taking into account all the other resources I save!
The only other chapter of similar uselessness was Elementals, but that at least is a simple matter of 2 or 3 weeks that doesn´t cost much in terms of resources. No use, no cost is not great, but much preferred over no use, high cost.

You can actually complete over half the chapter without ever touching the SS upgrades :)
On my main account I am about to unlock the spire wonder without touching any SS research, as obviously I try to delay those as long as possible.
On beta they have unlocked more wonderlevels, and I noticed that if I focus on the important ones a lot, I can overcome the downside with some well placed wonder inprovements.

Of course a chapter 15 player would also het this. but at least there is a possible offset.

Gargon667

Mentor
You can actually complete over half the chapter without ever touching the SS upgrades :)
On my main account I am about to unlock the spire wonder without touching any SS research, as obviously I try to delay those as long as possible.
On beta they have unlocked more wonderlevels, and I noticed that if I focus on the important ones a lot, I can overcome the downside with some well placed wonder inprovements.

Of course a chapter 15 player would also het this. but at least there is a possible offset.

I did look into this when I first saw the tech tree. One can get everything "important" except one MH upgrade without doing the SS upgrades, even including one of the AWs (not that I want those anyway)! I am still considering this option, but really, there is so much junk in that chapter and all that hassle for what? 1 MH upgrade and 2 expansions? I don´t think I can get myself motivated for that. I rather max out some of my AWs. I have much more use for that :) If they put an Advanced scout in chapter 17 my motivation will be much higher to go through all the nonsense... If not I guess that´s it with chapters for me...

Errandil

Conjurer
I did look into this when I first saw the tech tree. One can get everything "important" except one MH upgrade without doing the SS upgrades, even including one of the AWs (not that I want those anyway)! I am still considering this option, but really, there is so much junk in that chapter and all that hassle for what? 1 MH upgrade and 2 expansions? I don´t think I can get myself motivated for that. I rather max out some of my AWs. I have much more use for that :) If they put an Advanced scout in chapter 17 my motivation will be much higher to go through all the nonsense... If not I guess that´s it with chapters for me...
There's always hope that chapter 17 would have some useful techs, so I guess completing ch16 researches at least up to the mandatory SS upgrades would be be a good idea. It takes 2-4 months, depending on how hardcore you are, so not playing it now would be a huge setback if you would suddenly need something from the next chapter.

Gargon667

Mentor
I am usually in the quick group to play guest races and waiting for 2 month is not a big bother especially if I wait for something good... having an actual goal to look forward to would make the meaningless trudge more bearable, too...
And if it turns out 17 sucks as much as 16 I will laugh at everybody who wasted their time and effort :p No don´t worry I am not mean that way. I will be silently happy to have skipped that one...

Errandil

Conjurer
I am usually in the quick group to play guest races and waiting for 2 month is not a big bother especially if I wait for something good... having an actual goal to look forward to would make the meaningless trudge more bearable, too...
And if it turns out 17 sucks as much as 16 I will laugh at everybody who wasted their time and effort :p No don´t worry I am not mean that way. I will be silently happy to have skipped that one...
Fair enough. Although I'm almost sure that they can't make bad all future chapters, so at some point doing them shoud pay off, lol. At least I hope so XD

Gargon667

Mentor
Fair enough. Although I'm almost sure that they can't make bad all future chapters, so at some point doing them shoud pay off, lol. At least I hope so XD

I agree there is always hope :)
I just don´t like relying on Inno, they are not especially reliable ... very jumpy (and often it seems entirely random or short-term) decision-making in that company. So I find a cautious approach more promising. Especially involving irreversible actions.