• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Mobile vs Web & My thoughts so far (general feedback)

Hello, I'm new to Elvenar, currently halfway through chapter III. First of all thanks to the people that made this wonderful game, I enjoy playing it on my desktop, as well as my tablet & phone.
I know they had to rethink it for mobile devices and this is where my first piece of feedback comes from - the different versions of the game have a few exclusive features;

On mobile you can:
- offer quick help in the 'world map' view
- in the main city view, when tapping the 'move' icon, you have an option to 'hide buildings' which will show a nice technical overview without the building graphics obscuring other buildings or streets
- preview the research unlocks when tapping a research item
+ there's more foliage near the city

On desktop you can:
- fight battles, as in take control of individual units and fight in a turn based strategy style
- in the 'world map' view you can hover your cursor over conquered provinces and see what relic type they were;
You can also hover your cursor over un-scouted portions of the map, to see what relic type they are
+ the web version has some unique music during the current event - mobile version has default music

What I'm suggesting is that the nice feature sets that are exclusive to each platform can be brought together some more:
- mobile version should have the turn based combat as an option
- web version should have the hide buildings option
- and so on

And now to possibly my biggest wish for this game: graphics update. Now don't get me wrong, the graphics are beautiful as they are, I can live with this, however!
When visiting the wiki and seeing those high res pngs where you can see all the beautiful details on the buildings, I can only wish that you will remaster this sometime, and allow me to zoom in closer.
I mean, really, seeing those PNGs, in-game that level of detail is missing, yet it exists in your files - justice must be done! :))
And if you the reader are not aware of this, really, please look at this lvl7 residence, wouldn't it be nice to see this level of detail in-game?
03_elves_residential_07_cropped.png

Or browse the Elvenar Wiki, search for your building of choice, and scroll to the very bottom to open the png for the level you have in-game & compare the graphics.
There's probably some technical reason for which the graphics seem lower res in-game, but I love the artwork so I had to post this.

Anyways, that's all I have for now, thank you!

Last edited: