• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Missing Text

• Thread starter Deleted User - 13667
  • Start date

Deleted User - 13667

Noticed that not all the text is being displayed for the province name for a few days. It would seem the maximum text is not immediately readable. Error? or not a bug?

Attachments

• 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 100

DeletedUser815

Hi s5carrot,

Do you mean the city your visiting? Provinces do not have a name that is displayed other than in the negotiate/fight screen. If it is indeed another players city you are visiting then it is not a bug nor an error. It is intended so that the name can appear in a large enough font to be easily readable If you hover your mouse pointer over the city name that you are visiting you will see a small popup appearing with the full name of the city.

Deleted User - 13667

As shown in the screenshot. It is the city name.

DeletedUser815

@s5carrot,

In your first post of this thread you stated "displayed for the province name". I do not make assumptions without clarification and had to take in account that you may have discovered a new and unknown bug that only you may have experienced. Your cropped screenshot showed what could be a city name. In words you mentioned province name and the picture contradicted that. It could have been that you had a city hud overlay when visiting a province. I am not a mindreader and thus asked for clarification.

Try to state your problem or bug clearly in future to avoid similar problems. You are an experienced forum user and I would have expected a constructive and polite answer like "Yes, it is a city name" or "Yes, I was visiting a city at the time" from an experienced forum user.

I will now close and archive this thread.

Deleted User - 13667

Only player controlled hexes can be named. Mistake on the name on my part. It does post as an minor issue for players while doing neighborly visits since you cant read the actual request by the player you are visiting.

I would expect a moderator to actually check the necessary before any replies. Since it is not considered a fix, there is no point in pursuing this further.

Do archive it.

DeletedUser195

If I can shed some light on the subject, and I may be wrong as usual. Players city names are limited in characters, it may be at the limit and no more space is available to add letters or numbers to the name. This may be the entire name of city. From my count looks like 17 out of 20 characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser248

Josiah...hi. ;)

A city name can hold up to 25 characters including spaces. Of course not all 25 characters will show when you visit a players city, when hovering your mouse over the city name it shows the remaining characters. :)

- Lane

Deleted User - 13667

The point of this is to have it displayed fully without having to hover the cursor over just to read it. It is not going to be changed.
Same thing happened to the end of turn for each unit during battle. The bottom left most hex was almost impossible to be selected until recent updates to shift the turnstable. Now even without having to go full screen, that hex can be selected.