• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Messages

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Merciful Warrior thank you for letting us know about your issue. Could you please contact Support about this?

Thank you

Solanix

Gargon667

Mentor
What kind of messages?

chat messages? ingame messages? group messages?

When I heard people complaining about this last, it was someone that had deleted a group thread and then didn´t receive any further messages from this thread. This is not a bug, this is how it is designed. If you want to keep receiving them, don´t delete the message thread, there is no way to get back in. instead you have to create a new group thread including everybody and stop using the old thread.

Pauly7

Magus
someone that had deleted a group thread and then didn´t receive any further messages from this thread.
This is my first guess.

I'd still call it a bug though. I can't see why they would intentionally make it so that deleting a message then excludes you from any further replies. We've asked about this being fixed, but I don't remember any response.

Gargon667

Mentor
This is my first guess.

I'd still call it a bug though. I can't see why they would intentionally make it so that deleting a message then excludes you from any further replies. We've asked about this being fixed, but I don't remember any response.

Well I only call things bugs that are either new or confirmed as bugs.

I am not sure this is even bad. why would you delete a message and then want new updates? Just leave it be and you get them. So it would only be useful for those that delete a message accidentally.
On the other hand people that delete messages like the AW upgrade threads, don´t want to constantly get new messages, it would be very annoying for them if they got the messages all the time without being able to opt out.

That of course does not mean the messaging system does not need a major overhaul to give us more options.

Pauly7

Magus
I am not sure this is even bad. why would you delete a message and then want new updates?
Why indeed? But people do and it's really annoying from an administrative point of view. If I have some information that I want to relay to everyone I often start a new thread, instead of replying to the previous related conversation, because I always have no idea who is even going to see it otherwise. It would be a start if it at least removed the names of those people from the list of recipients, but it doesn't even do that.

Lelanya

Mentor
Why indeed? But people do and it's really annoying from an administrative point of view. If I have some information that I want to relay to everyone I often start a new thread, instead of replying to the previous related conversation, because I always have no idea who is even going to see it otherwise. It would be a start if it at least removed the names of those people from the list of recipients, but it doesn't even do that.
This!!! I do the same, have for years.

Deleted User - 341074

The message graveyard is littered with emails that say "Delete this thread, a new one started because someone deleted the old one"