• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Knowing where I'm donating

• Thread starter DeletedUser2838
  • Start date

DeletedUser2838

At various stages I get stuck waiting for special goods to activate tree boxes that are full of the required KP, and I cannot use additional KP on new boxes yet. So there are times when I am generating and donating all the KP I acquire. I am in two worlds, I am in a fellowship in each and I'm donating to members within my fellowships and sometimes non-fellowship members if they have ancient buildings of interest to me. I lose track of who I am actively donating to and it would help if perhaps something like a circled KP symbol could be attached to the names of players, or the city names, I am currently donating to, so that I can go to them easily and straight away.

cwgiii

Shaman
Something like this would be nice. In the meantime, I have resorted to the age old solution of capturing this data in a spreadsheet.

DeletedUser441

That's a lot of work for no return ; as is donating kps , in my opinion. As I'm a fellowship of one I find that if I do donate any kps someone will donate more and deprive me of any reward. Donating more kps than the reward is ridiculous , just to gain one rune shard .

DeletedUser2838

Brienne, I take your point, but at the moment I am temporarily stuck in Orcs and have to give away all of my generated KP while I very very slowly generate orc goods in order to upgrade orc-goods generating facilities in order to generate second level orc goods in order to advance in the tree. This is not just the 24 KP generated per day but any acquired through side tasks involving solving/taking territories, any acquired by the gradual addition of provinces for the normal progression along the tree, and any acquired as my coin storage hits the buffers and I have to use them to buy KP to avoid wasting coins because I'm stuck and can't yet reach the next main hall research box on the tree. Consequently I may have up to 40 KP per day to give away. In that case it's quite easy to pick a suitable recipient from my fellowship and flood out the competition. Other players who are not stuck like me will be using KP to advance their own Ancient buildings even if they like to donate to others so, overall, my approach will generally always beat them. It doesn't matter that the reward is less than my input as the input has no value to me. The reward, however is useful as it contains a rune shard or two. At the moment, for example, my Golden Abyss has been resolutely stuck on the last two runes required to achieve the next level for over 3 months during which time I've acquired 19 shards for it (a remarkably mean rate of converting won rune shards into whole runes in the wheel). Donating my KP to other players Golden Abyss's seems to be the only way I can progress mine as the requisite rune shards never seem to arrive randomly as other rune shards do, for example during the quests.
My problem is, that with 40 KP to give away every day I am now supporting perhaps 12 or more players over two worlds, two fellowships plus some non-fellowship players and I'm mentally losing track of who all my recipients are - hence my suggestion.

DeletedUser441

I collect rune shard pieces in the tournaments , so can forge a rune shard almost every week. How you've been stuck for 3 months confuses me :confused:. You do know that rune shard pieces can be forged into a rune shard in any Ancient Wonder , I hope.:) You may need to put up more AWs.

DeletedUser2838

Rune shards that I have won are pre-allocated to specific AW and for the last 3 months shards that I have randomly won have rarely been for my Golden Abyss. Those I have won, when added to the Golden Abyss system have always turned into 1/10th of a rune rather than a lucky whole rune for the rune wheel, so my last 19 Golden Abyss shard acquisitions have turned into 1.9 runes out of the 2 I am trying to get to complete the rune wheel. That is what is causing me 3 months delay. Yes I realise there are many other AW, and weirdly I have full rune wheels for quite a few of them, and could build them immediately. However, as I play without buying diamonds my most critical resource, by far, is space and for the poor benefits many AW offer the vast majority of AW just aren't worth the cost in space to me. At the moment only 2 attract. Golden Abyss is one where I'm currently trying to go to level 7, and Mountain Halls where I have yet to start building.

DeletedUser441

As you grow AWs become invaluable. I spend most of my excess coins on first tier goods as I can get 826 every purchase which works out really cheap , up to a point , considering how many I produce in the manufactories in three hours. If you need one more rune shard piece to finish the Golden Abyss do another round of the tournament. Round three , first province is a rune shard piece. :)

DeletedUser219

I have no compunctions to donating KP to my own AWs. This way I am sure of getting a reward worth the investment. Collecting Rune Shards and Broken Shards through the Tournament process seems to be a far more efficient process, particularly when you are talking about 40 KP per day. And Goods through the Wholesaler is better use of excess Coin because the price goes back down daily (and it never does with KP). I only buy KP when an Event Quest needs me to.

This does not mean that having some record of where you have donated is not a good idea! ;)