• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Is this supposed to happen?

DeletedUser446

I have gone up in the tech tree from 1 to 2, and my quests all completely changed making virtually all of them unobtainable.
I went from making 5K coins for a reward to 50K; I only get 1K per player boosted, and my residences if left to their max reach 2K, I have 11 of them. The same sort of things with tools.

Then i get quests asking me to produce 100 Cerberus, but I haven't even researched that yet. in fact I had to decline about 20 of them as I dont have that tech unlocked yet. It would appear that these quests should not be presented if you dont have the tech unlocked?

Its asking me to produce 100 of each silk, crystal and scrolls, but I'm weeks away from unlocking those.

I find I am unable to actually do most of the quests set now :(

DeletedUser446

I have cycled round them and they are

Fight and win 3 encounters - can just about do
Complete 1 Manufactory upgrade to level 5 - All my manufactories are lvl 5 so i cant do this
Complete a province - can do this after a while
Complete 1 Boosted Manufactory upgrade to level 5 - All my manufactories are lvl 5 so i cant do this
Gain 5 relics - can do
Solve 4 encounters - can do
Fight and win 3 encounters - can just about do (seems to appear twice)
Produce 1 luxury armchair - can do but dont as it takes 1 day and starting out as I am it hinders me not helps me
Complete a main hall upgrade - can do occasionally
Produce 1 mage journal - dont have scrolls unlocked so cant do it
Gain 100 crystal, silk, scrolls - cant do as i dont have any of them unlocked
Gain 200 scrolls - cant do as tech not unlocked
Place 3 trades & gain 200 scrolls - cant do as tech not unlocked
Gain 500 goods - cant do as my manufactories only total 75 each after 9 hours
Complete 1 workshop upgrade to lvl 5 or higher - cant do for ages as mine are all lvl 2
train 30 units - can do
Complete 1 residence upgrade to lvl 5 or higher - cant do as tech not unlocked
Gain 2000 supplies - cant do as my workshops dont produce anywhere near that
Gain 50000 coins - cant realistically do as I only get 2k income from houses and 1K per boost

There were a whole load I declined yesterday about producing things I dont have, and like having 1 scrolls manu I dont have unlocked, so I had to decline these but they dont show anymore. Why give these sort of quests if players cant actually achieve them :(

DeletedUser

Hi Afcanita,

I'm in roughly the same place as you in terms of the tech tree, but haven't experienced this yet. It could be because I am working on a quest right now and haven't declined them to cycle through.

I'll keep an eye out though as it does seem a little strange to be getting quests that you can't actually complete yet.

AthenaTrophy :)

DeletedUser330

The quests change depending on your level, but it sounds like yours have changed to being pretty difficult for your current level.

The ones which ask for upgrading "X Building to level 5"... are they only level 5 or are they asking to upgrade to "level 5 or higher"... if it's 5 or higher, then upgrading to level 6, 7 and so on should complete the quest as well.

DeletedUser446

@TheRodent yes indeed they are lvl5+ but as i have not researched the tech to get to lvl5 yet, thats what I think is not quite right. When I research the tech yes I can then clain it at 5,6,7,8 :)

DeletedUser

Just rotate through those you cant do yet. They will become available to you eventually. Dont do the ones that take to long or provide little reward. You need to build more residences and upgrade them as much as you can. Having enough extra population is key to the game. Upgrade your workshops or build more untill you can produce enough to complete that request

DeletedUser

Also have you got enough cultural building to give you that extra production. Are you in a fellowship?

Deleted User - 50840

You have very little housing. I know you are keeping space for upgrading, but it will take days yet to upgrade all your housing. And you have too few workshops for your level. You can build level one houses in any unused space you have. They take almost no time to build and become profitable after two hours and you can sell them very easily once you need space. That can help remedy some of your coinflow problem.

You can also use extra space to build glorious statues. They are quick to build and cheap. At your level you wont need many to push you to the next cultural bonus level. That will improve both your coin and supply flow. Sell them when you need space.

Utilize the empty space you currently have so much of. Level 1 houses and glorious statues are a quick and cheap way. And they will provide benefit in a short time.

DeletedUser446

thanks for the advice

I am usually at 170 production with culture bonus, only a few hours ago that dropped to 160, so I'll build another codex, until i unlock the butcher.

Before the move from level 1 to 2, I had loads of quests i could complete that returned me far more tools than I needed, so needed very little in terms of production of them. As building too many of them would just impact my culture bonus.

If I can complete quests that gives me 1-2k tools whats the point of having workshops at this level they dont earn me enough tools for the effort.
In 3 hours I can get just over 500 tools, in about 20 minutes I can complete enough quests to get 5000 tools, so where is the incentive to build more workshops?

Also I'd have to build another 12 residences to make the earn 50K coins, to go with the 12 I already have. That seems excessive, but is probably the only thing I can do that will help me :)

Deleted User - 50840

I'm Glad that I could help out. It does seems excessive and you shouldn't have gotten those quests without having researched the corresponding technologies. I hope it will get fixed soon :)

Deleted User - 13667

I had same issue early in the game at the chapter I and II. Doubt it would be fixed unless someone post it under bugs or ideas and give a concise solution