• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Is there some ideal ration between Barracks and Armories?

• Thread starter DeletedUser5679
  • Start date

DeletedUser5679

If so, what is it? I now have two Armories and one Barracks. I can still make more troops. I had expected that it would work like in Forge of Empires, where there's a very limited, and transparent (as in: easy to see) number of slots for whatever type of soldiers you train, but it seems more complicated in Elvenar (and potentially a lot of fun).

DeletedUser3781

There's no bulletproof recipe, it depends on your style. It's popular to have enough armories to have barracks running all the time. It can change with wonders, too:
  • Needles of Tempest make your barracks faster
  • Dwarven Bulwark works a bit like armory, depends on your Squad Size (I think :) )
  • Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms also works like armory, depends on the levels of armories you have.

DeletedUser5679

There's no bulletproof recipe, it depends on your style. It's popular to have enough armories to have barracks running all the time. It can change with wonders, too:
  • Needles of Tempest make your barracks faster
  • Dwarven Bulwark works a bit like armory, depends on your Squad Size (I think :) )
  • Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms also works like armory, depends on the levels of armories you have.
Thanks! So, I understand that my second Armory is at least not redundant.

DeletedUser3781

So, I understand that my second Armory is at least not redundant.
It would be redundant if you don't use troops, or if you don't sleep and collect troops more often than average human ;)
Good thing with armories is that they're fast to rebuild, so sometimes you might tear one down to make space for something urgent.

cwgiii

Shaman
I personally only have the one of each to be able to produce Orcs. Note: I play as a pacifist so no need for troops except to complete event quests.

DeletedUser5679

I personally only have the one of each to be able to produce Orcs. Note: I play as a pacifist so no need for troops except to complete event quests.
Sofar I also played as a pacifist. Not even so much for deep, moral reasons as for convenience. I suspect that at one point it will become unpractical to stick to negotiating exclusively to obtain more provinces (and the perks they entail) so that's why I am building an army.

DeletedUser3781

Sofar I also played as a pacifist. Not even so much for deep, moral reasons as for convenience. I suspect that at one point it will become unpractical to stick to negotiating exclusively to obtain more provinces
Army is very useful for tournaments, makes them way cheaper. Fighting in provinces was hard for me in the beginning, I was only able to do it around orcs/woodelves.

DeletedUser5679

Keep at It! If you don't use them much and continue building them you will always have them when you decide to start fighting
Isn't there some maximum to how many troops you can have? Or is there only a maximum to how many you can train simultaneously?

Deleted User - 1634960

The Army Camp and the Battle Selection screen show the number of Squads that you have. If you have more than 999 Squads, it will show >999. This does not actually affect the number of troops you can have. I have yet to see anyone who could not train more, no matter how many they had. In my game I try to keep around 30 Squads of each type. ;)