• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question is it possible to play without fighting

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yes, if you're catering only you will eventually hit the Orc wall, so will struggle to progress. Still, once you're at that point you're still able to get about 6k tournament scores (if I remember it right).
Arent you talking about the old format?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
in that case the max score is 7020 points (26 provincies)
7*26 + 2*20 = 222 provincies the orc barrier.

But again that only works for certain freakbuilds that make compromises in return. not a normally played town

DeletedUser

Yes, if you're catering only you will eventually hit the Orc wall, so will struggle to progress. Still, once you're at that point you're still able to get about 6k tournament scores (if I remember it right).
And that was her question; Is it possible to only cater/negotiate ;-)

It's rather expensive in goods, but's doable. I'm not up to the level of goods production yet to try it out with the "new" tournament. So i don't have a clear view whether it's really become cheaper to cater than it was before.

I have catered a few mixed troops rounds, i think province 8 or 9, round 5 or so, i had to pay 20k-something, so not that sure it's cheaper for me. But i'll do a test when i'm ready and only cater. Then the week after i can crush it with troops :)

DeletedUser

Arent you talking about the old format?
But you still in research and upgrades need Orcs, so you can't do a city completely free of military buildings. You will need Armories. I think i did it with 3. Always at max. I don't know how more expensive it is now. I'll have to wait and see.

Pauly7

Magus
But you still in research and upgrades need Orcs, so you can't do a city completely free of military buildings. You will need Armories. I think i did it with 3. Always at max. I don't know how more expensive it is now. I'll have to wait and see.
Again it depends how much research and upgrades you are doing. If one is planning to advance through the whole game then it would be extremely difficult without fighting anyway. Still possible, though, without armouries, because you can get Orcs from Orc Nests or some event won buildings.

DeletedUser

You're only reading half of what i write @Pauly7 ;-)

So you will need to have space for at least 3 Armories. Of course depending on how fast you want to go ;-)

And i don't know what you mean by this.
If one is planning to advance through the whole game then it would be extremely difficult without fighting anyway.
You must mean chapter 16 and 17 ?

I catered my way through the first 14 chapters, i only stopped because i was bored of the game doing the same over and over again and again. I only started fighting because i wanted to try something different in chapter 15. Else i would have catered my way through that too. And i'm sure i would have done the same with 16 and 17 too ;-)

It just depends on what you put your mind to. Plan it. Build it. Do it :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Regarding not having military buildings at all; That's not possible.

From Orcs and up, you will need; tadaa - Orcs - for negotiation/catering, upgrades and researches.

So you will need to have space for at least 3 Armories. Of course depending on how fast you want to go ;-)

You can make Orcs in other ways than armories, if you spend all that time and effort on playing a low efficiency style you can just as well make your Orcs in Orc Nests/Heroes Forge/event buildings or lately even gain them directly in events :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I catered my way through the first 14 chapters, i only stopped because i was bored of the game doing the same over and over again and again. I only started fighting because i wanted to try something different in chapter 15. Else i would have catered my way through that too. And i'm sure i would have done the same with 16 and 17 too ;-)

It just depends on what you put your mind to. Plan it. Build it. Do it :)

You sure can cater anywhere in the game, the problem is you can´t cater as much as you can fight. It all depends where you set your goal. Make it low enough and yes you can cater anywhere in the game even in chapter 17.
@Pauly7 is saying it is possible.
I agree, it is possible. It just doesn´t make much sense to play an exclusive catering town in a double digit chapter, because it is a waste of goods to do so and not use a military that is so much cheaper for a lot more tourney points.

foolfighter

Alchemist
And that's the problem. If you only cater you are eventually more space restricted. At the start you have more manufactories but no armories, so that's fine. But then at Orcs you reach the stage where you need armories as well, but still need banks of manufactories.