• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Is it possible to get the 3rd event building without using diamonds?

DeletedUser5093

The numbers I can find suggest I'll need 1450 feathers total to get all 3 buildings. If I get them solely from double feather days and the largest chest, then I'll need a total of 36 of those chests plus 1 of the smallest chest, which will cost a total of 5090 sky essence. The sequential quests will give me 2788 SE, while the daily quests will give me 875 SE, for a total of 3663 SE. This leaves me with a gap of 1427 SE that I have to make up from the random eggs that fall, which would only be possible if I get about 55-61 SE from eggs each day. Have I got that right, or have I made an error in my maths somewhere? Is it possible to achieve that, or is it impossible to get that much sky essence or feathers without spending diamonds?

DeletedUser5976

Well you also have a chance of getting SE from opening your eggs. In the case of the big one a 15% chance for 140 SE or an 8% chance for 200.

DeletedUser5093

Ah, I forgot to factor that in. That brings it down a bit. Any idea how often the eggs fall in the city? That will help me figure out what I could typically get each day.

DeletedUser5976

Not sure, I read somewhere that it is one egg an hour, most contain 1 SE, some 2 and some 3 SE.

DeletedUser5093

That sounds about right. I also know you can never find more than 6 eggs in your city at once. I'm not sure what the probability of each is, only that 1 SE per egg is most common. So I think I could get perhaps 20 SE per day from fallen eggs, if I'm checking my city several times per day, but much less is probably more realistic for anyone with a life outside of this game.

If I've picked up 26 chests from the SE I've gained just from quests, then about 8% (i.e. 2) of those will contain 200 SE, and 15% (i.e. 4) will contain 140 SE, for a total of 960 SE, but this figure relies on luck quite a bit.

These numbers seem to suggest it's not impossible, but it would require a pretty massive investment of time and effort, with a bit of luck on your side as well, so it's probably only an outside chance at best.

cwgiii

Shaman
That sounds about right. I also know you can never find more than 6 eggs in your city at once

That is correct. The limit at any given time is 6. They do fall about 1 per hour, but this is not a fixed rate, it does vary. I personally check about ever 4 hours (bit of an insomniac here).

Also a tip that I read about on a different thread: you can refresh the screen to get the fallen eggs to appear (by opening and closing the trader, world map, etc.).

Deleted User - 106219

I have got the third prize before. Combination of things really but pick up random crashed eggs frequently use the double days and win extra tries
You mean in previous events? Previous major events were longer, had more quests, and thus we got more even currency. The current even is a bit shorter, so not only we get fewer quests, but also less days to collect eggs around our town. So the total even currency we can get this time is lower. THAT'S what makes it diifcult to get the third prize this time.

cwgiii

Shaman
You mean in previous events? Previous major events were longer, had more quests, and thus we got more even currency. The current even is a bit shorter, so not only we get fewer quests, but also less days to collect eggs around our town. So the total even currency we can get this time is lower. THAT'S what makes it diifcult to get the third prize this time.

Possibly a response by Inno to the complaints of previous events being boring, not different, predictable, too easy/too hard (depending on your point of view), etc.

Or, then again, it might just be random. Someone might have said: "end the event on this day". Who knows???

DeletedUser5976

If you want the whole set, you can't use double feather days only, since there are two set buildings in the daily prizes.

DeletedUser5093

I really wanted the 4-link bonus of the 3rd building, but it's looking like it's very unlikely, and without that the set buildings are pretty ordinary. The goods are slightly better than useless, and the culture and population are low for their size. I've decided it's not worth the effort or the stress, so I'll not bother with the double feather days (the daily prizes for them are awful) and instead aim for the various daily prizes, several of which are easily more impressive than the grand prizes. If I manage to get some of the grand prizes as well that's just a bonus, but I see no point in aiming for them now that it's clear anything decent is almost completely out of reach.

DeletedUser6260

It sounds counterintuitive, but you should be buying small eggs to increase your chances for rerolls and possibly getting better eggs.

Yesterday I got a medium and two large eggs off of one small egg. Not saying it'll happen every time, but more rolls are always better if you need feathers and not a specific daily prize.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Not necessarily, if you follow truf's link you will see a link to an online simulator. This simulator agrees with other analyses I have seen on the best way to spend your thingies. There are small differences between the different size chests depending on what you are trying for. 50s are best for daily buildings, 140s are best for grand prizes etc, although the differences are slight.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Aaah, ty.

KP and time boosters better with the biggest chest, but daily and grand prizes best with the smallest. I think I know my preference.