• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships Internal annoucement pages

DeletedUser3755

Hello, all :)
There is something that I really miss a lot. I imagine it could help others too.

[Summary]: Create announcement pages that are only visible to the members of a particular fellowship, so the officers from a Fellowship would be able to post anything important for internal use.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: I checked some key words on search, but found nothing.

[Details]: The annoucement page would work just like a fix thread: you open the fellowship and one of its tabs would be the 'annoucement tab' (or any other name). On this tab you could see any important informations the archmage/mage/... would want to write, like boosts lists, requests of help, AW lists, etc. There are messages we would not like to show on the overview, because they are for internal use internal only, but in the chat that would disappear soon, and thru a message, that would be read once and forgotten, also, the chat and the messages cannot be edited after sent, the annoucement page could be edited anytime by the officers (or just the archmage, for example).

If possible, it would be nice to have more than one page of those, so we could write tips for beginners and such. Since it is not possible to copy/paste links from the messages, many times we choose to write a lot, and both the messages and the chat are too limited. One page not so limited would help a lot already.

[Reasons for Implementing]: Improve the communication within the fellowship.

[Balance]:
As far as I can see, there would be no impact expect that the Fellowship window would need one more tab. Perhaps it would take more time to load.

[Visual Aids]:
Sorry, I don't have any.

Happy gaming and take care all!

Aly

Aegnaer

Seeker
I think this could be very useful. As mentioned above the only way to do this now is via message threads and they get deleted or just move down the list as others come through. There are so many areas where this could help and maybe on the tab you could have a selection of announcements ( a little like the message threads). It could be used for KP swap threads as well or even details as to who is away on holiday and so not doing visits! Making each message editable would be a requirement (Arch-mage & Mages only?) to remove the need to remove and add new entries.

DeletedUser4115

It would definitely be useful in my fellowship, we welcome newbies and have written a couple of basic guides to help them out. It would be great if they could be posted somewhere in game for the fellowship to read.

Jaxom

Alchemist
This suggestion begins to approach what Innogames already offers in Forge of Empires. In that game you have a "Guild Forum" where you can create well formatted messages that include click-able links. This allows you to access shareable spreadsheets. This would be VERY useful for the new fellowship adventures.
You can also have long-term messages for tracking absences, announcements for new members, tips for new players.
But the biggest features are formatted messages and the ability to create topics/tabs for different types of message.

Innogames clearly knows how to provide this capability in a browser. There should be nothing to block them from doing so in this game.

But sadly the developers do NOT seem to be able to provide this in a mobile app. They have never implemented it on FoE even though that app has been out for years. So perhaps we will never see this capability in Elvenar if they are unable to implement it in mobile.

DeletedUser3755

A "Guild Forum" sounds exactly what I wished, but I thought this would be too much to ask for, perhaps too hard to implement. I didn't know this existed already in FoE. Thanks for the insight!