• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Incorrect Maths

Pauly7

Magus
It may be that a lot of people wouldn't notice this, as it is minor, but has anyone noticed the game adding up your fellowship ranking points incorrectly?

What I mean is, the score that you see when you go to Rankings and then the Fellowship tab. For over two weeks now, Inno has been mysteriously adding exactly 500 points to our total. Does anyone know if there is a sensible reason that this might happen, or just a glitch maybe?

It's not important and doesn't change anything.... it just bugs my OCD need for things to be right.

Pauly7

Magus
OK, so I have to bring this up again.

I spoke before about a mystery 500 points added to our fellowship's total not attributed to any one player. Tony (above) pointed out that this could be a Fellowship Adventure prize and I conceded that if that gives us fellowship score without giving it to a person, then that must be it.

Although... it didn't sit quite right as we had only one time sneaked just inside the top 100 places. Would that give us 500 points?

So anyway, the point of this new post. I am adding up points today and the mystery figure which had sat there as 500 points all this time has now become 470 points. So 30 points have been removed since this time last week. I added them up 4 times, just trying to figure it out, so it has definitely happened.

I know, I know, this makes absolutely no difference to anyone, but this stuff really bugs me. So maybe it's a separate event. Does anyone know of any reason that points may have been removed from a fellowship over the last 7 days?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Very odd. All I can suggest is put in a ticket to support - they always seem to be very helpful with this kind of issue.

DeletedUser5023

Also, someone could have deleted a residence or no-boosted manufactory upgraded, something that would make them lose ranking which would make the fellowship lose score as well. Just a thought or like Tony said, contact support. :)

Pauly7

Magus
Also, someone could have deleted a residence or no-boosted manufactory upgraded, something that would make them lose ranking which would make the fellowship lose score as well. Just a thought or like Tony said, contact support. :)
No because this extra is nothing to do with what each player has. The ranking points of the 25 players added up comes to 470 less points than the fellowship total is quoted as.

I may contact support, but I'm not sure if it is worth taking their time up with it. Like I say, it makes no difference to anyone's game. It just bugs me.

DeletedUser5023

If you're like me Pauly, you will figure it out doing something innocuous, like during a dream or shower or even the bathroom. :D ;)

Pauly7

Magus
Haha, I hope so... but unfortunately I suspect that this is an error in the program. Who knows how often this might happen, if it is, because I doubt many people would notice.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
There might just be a delay in updating the total or individual score. If someone deleted 30 points within a couple of minutes of you doing your calculation pauly. Maybe add it up again now.

DeletedUser5532

If you are referring to EN1 world Pauly7, I just checked those numbers and there is only a 200 point difference. (as of right now, so it is changing again)

Support will be able to see how many points are added to the Fellowship Score from past events / adventures, so they can at least get you that number, as for the changing difference, that is a mystery. I would assume that the display part of the game is to fault, in that these numbers are based on numbers that are not whole, but display only whole numbers. These fractions do mess up the display figures, sometimes by more than they should (depending on roundup or rounddown), but I can offer no more than speculation on this.

Pauly7

Magus
If you are referring to EN1 world Pauly7, I just checked those numbers and there is only a 200 point difference. (as of right now, so it is changing again)
Do you mean for my FS? If that's true then it doesn't make any sense either. The difference has been exactly 500 for the last 5 or 6 weeks and then today dropped to 470... Now I'm tempted to add up again.

-----------------------

So I just added it up again and the difference is back to 500 points. Maybe, as someone said, for some reason a change didn't update the game's "grand total" immediately and kicked in after I stopped trying.

Incidentally, that FA finish I mentioned was 87th position. Would that have paid us 500 points?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5532

Yes Pauly7, I was doing your FS in EN1. I just checked my numbers again, and I think I transposed one of them, I now get the 500 difference as you do.

87th Position would have given you 500 Fellowship Points, this prize of 500 is given to 51st - 100th Position in the Adventures.

1st gives 15,000
2nd gives 10,000
3rd gives 8,000
4 - 7 gives 6,000
8 - 12 gives 5,000
13 - 20 gives 2,000
21 - 30 gives 2,000
31 - 40 gives 1,500
41 - 50 gives 1,000
51 - 100 gives 500.

Hopefully this helps

Pauly7

Magus
OK, cool. All makes perfect sense now. The only weirdness was this morning's little quiver, whatever that was. I did add it up many times. I think that, coupled with my slight distrust of what was supposed to be there, led to me querying it all again.

If I were to make this into a suggestions thread then I would suggest adding a line onto the members list for the FS, showing the FA points and then the total.... Then again, it's probably only me who's so caught up with the exactness of science.