• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Quests Impossible Event Quests

FatehpurSikri

Alchemist
There always seems to be a quest at some point in every event that is unfulfillable. This time in the Winter Magic game, it's fight and win 3 encounters or use 1 pet food. I have no interest in fighting, ever. I therefore have no troops, so I cannot ever win any encounter. I don't have "pets" in every single city I play in, so even if I had pet food, I couldn't use it. Pet food also doesn't come up in my MA recipes for days or weeks at a time. So I'm effectively locked out of the game now in every single one of my seven cities. And it's fairly early on, so it's doubly disappointing.

Quests should be designed so that every player can fulfill them, not just some. Alternatively, there should be an option to decline an impossible quest so that one can move on and continue playing the game.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
A hint that has come up in another thread, if you do have a pet food, disenchant it. It counts as if you had used it.

Win an encounter should also include negotiate an encounter. I have not tested it, but in my opinion, it should cover both. If not, a major oversight by the developers.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
It was only "fight" which was impossible in my ch2 city when all encounters are Very Hard, in order to get past this quest I had to put the lvl 1 Owl into my city and feed it - a total waste of pet food and 16 squares which shouldn't be needed for something so totally useless! I gained 308 planks for 3 chests twice...

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
It was only "fight" which was impossible in my ch2 city when all encounters are Very Hard, in order to get past this quest I had to put the lvl 1 Owl into my city and feed it - a total waste of pet food and 16 squares which shouldn't be needed for something so totally useless! I gained 308 planks for 3 chests twice...
I would have thought the gain in Planks would be VERY useful in a Chapter 2 game?

Timneh

Artisan
Win an encounter should also include negotiate an encounter. I have not tested it, but in my opinion, it should cover both. If not, a major oversight by the developers.

You need to take notice of the wording of the quest, if it says fight and win then you have to fight but if it says solve encounters you can negotiate.

Pauly7

Magus
To feed once, it was ok, but my planks are boosted and I'd rather keep any pet food I can make for something more useful - as soon as the event is done then the owl will be gone!
As @BlueBlou said, all you had to do was have a pet food, then disenchant it. That counts as having used a pet food. I'm really not sure if that was by chance or design though.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
And crafting pet food if necessary is relatively inexpensive as well.
If you are a chapter 2 city then its hard to be able to craft anything at all with lack of the appropriate relics, plus pet food doesn't come along every day.

As I see it there are plusses and minuses for both high level and low level cities, all I'll say though is that my ch15 city is much further advanced through the questline than my just into Ch3 city due to the difficulty of passing certain quests.

FatehpurSikri

Alchemist
A hint that has come up in another thread, if you do have a pet food, disenchant it. It counts as if you had used it.

I tried disenchanting the pet food. It didn't work. Negotiating an encounter is not what the quest says. I've negotiated plenty in tournaments. It's very specific "fight and win." So if you don't have enough troops or don't fight, you don't get past this one.

Proudfoot

Senior Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
I tried disenchanting the pet food. It didn't work. Negotiating an encounter is not what the quest says. I've negotiated plenty in tournaments. It's very specific "fight and win." So if you don't have enough troops or don't fight, you don't get past this one.
You fight in the province but have the choice to fight or negotiate in the spire and that does count same as disenchanting Pet Food yes they work.