• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How do I get this weird portrait?

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh what new lows one can sink to... I will certainly not increase the click count on such BS, nor will I ever use one of these avatars, topic closed for me.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys,

If you read the links provided you will see that this is a collaboration between Elvenar and MAC Cosmetics Germany to promote Inclusivity and Diversity, and when it comes to diversity.. I think Elvenar definitely ticks the box. Where else would you find Orcs and Elves living in Perfect Harmony :p

While the Avatars will remain, this isn't for advertisement purposes it's merely giving credit where credit is due for their designs, it's also a reminder of the important message they're looking to highlight. They're not everyone's cup of tea granted but they're imaginative which, as you all know, is the basis for our wonderful Game. At the end of the Competition we will also see an Avatar designed by one of our very own players.

Our own designers could well have given us some more wonderful Avatars, but on this occasion they've allowed others the opportunity to immerse themselves into our world which surely is a good thing :)

Consider them a Guest Race for a short period :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

DeletedUser129

Guest race for a short period!
The shorter the better please, I left the game for a long time and only recently returned, if this is the way they game is going I wont be hanging around. One of the reasons I like this game is because of the stunning artwork, you have a team of exceptional artists, stunned that you outsourced this. And for a tacky marketing ploy. Shame on you, no amount of smiley faces makes this any better.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Akahai I will certainly feed your comments back to our developers and ask that next time we wish to highlight an excellent cause, we choose something less tacky than inclusivity and diversity. I also take on board your comments concerning smiley faces, and shall leave you with a less enigmatic full stop.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Lelanya

Mentor
Item A - terrible artwork with advertising.

And item B- Inno claims to be supporting inclusivity and diversity in a poorly advertised fashion.

Do not equal C - everyone who dislikes the artwork is against the supposed cause. That was ill said, @herodite, and terribly thin skinned of you. The OP titled this *weird portrait * precisely because it doesn't fit with the game.

Also, you may want to point out that advertising on an offshoot (Instagram) of a huge Spyware corporation (Facebook) is hardly a good way for InnoG to upscale their image or make a point to their players.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Lelanya You know I totally agree. It was extremely thin skinned of me and for that I do apologise. Like many I have my off days and it was unprofessional. It was not my intention to suggest that everyone who doesn't like the Artwork, doesn't like the message behind this. And in all honesty that thought never entered my head.

As both a person and a moderator, I respect everyone's opinion but sometimes the line becomes very blurred and personal opinions can come across. I shall be mindful of this in future :)

Kind Regards (as always)

Herodite.