• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle Hire Mercenaries

DeletedUser

[Summary]: Instead of having to wait for troops to be trained you could hire mercenaries at additional cost

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Couldn't see any

[Details]: As troops take so long to train it would be nice to be able to hire mercenary troops at additional cost. The additional cost could be made up through increased cost of Supplies (1.5x) in addition to a resource requirement. An upkeep system could possibly implemented where the troops take up Culture points while in use.

The troops would only be recruitable in the same numbers as the armouries the players have. There could also be additional troop types, i.e humans could recruit elf troops at an increased cost compared to the human troops.

Only some troop types would be available, e.g. crossbowmen, Cerberus, priest, sword dancer and golems (at the same level as the current research allows). This could be implemented through a limited recruitment pool. once a unit type has been exhausted it would be replaced by a new, random, unit type. There might only be one squad available, or three. The troop types available at one time would be limited to 5. This would mean that to recruit new troop types you would have to kill off your troops.

[Reasons for Implementing]: Troops take so long to train, lack of troop options

[Balance]: It would have a negative effect on people who have built up barracks and armouries already

DeletedUser

What about allowing people to trade mercenaries at the trader, so humans could hire elves and vice versa? I assume the lengthy training time is intentional so as to slow people down, so I doubt your idea would be implemented. We are expected to pay diamonds to do what you suggest.

cwgiii

Shaman
I like the idea of "trading" all physical items (coin, supplies, relics, runs, etc).

Troops could be traded as mercenaries as described above. EX: I play as a pacifist for many reasons, but have generated troops for various quests that I never intend to use. It would be great to "hire them out".

I also think buildings could be traded rather than "selling"/demolishing them