• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Help chests question

alsael

Enchanter
I have to ask(if no one else has already):
Why you have us chasing help chests all over the city(when we win one),instead of having the chest just pop up(like in mobile recently I believe)?
ps:I am refearing to pc game version

DeletedUser3097

Why you have us chasing help chests all over the city(when we win one),instead of having the chest just pop up(like in mobile recently I believe)?
That is a good question. Loving the new app treasure chests- if anyone isn't seeing treasure chests during NH visits, please update to version 1.83 which is now available for all.

Does anyone else agree with @alsael ?

DeletedUser4149

too bad they don't find a way to help those of us that have been playing this on a pc way before this game was available on a phone by making visiting easier for us too.:(

DeletedUser8921

So one aspect of the browser version is the issue of choice. Altho chests popping up is fairly random, on browser i can choose which city to chase around seeking the chest. On mobile there is no choice if it occurs then it's over.
Thoughts?

Why would I care which city a help chest popped up in? And there's not complete choice on the browser. You can ignore the notification that a treasure chest has been found and then it will appear later, but you can't choose to have a help chest appear in a city. (Other than that the first chest is pretty likely to appear in the first city you choose each day, which you could control on browser or app by choosing which city to visit first.)

I guess I'm trying to understand why it matters which city you open a help chest in. Does it make any difference?

DeletedUser8921

I think long ago when Elvenar first started there wasn't enough to do, so they made hunting for help chests a thing. Now we have enough to do, thank you very much!

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Chasing the help chests actually doesn't add to the fun for me. And I found it strange that you help someone, and the reward I receive isn't handed out to me but thrown somewhere in the bushes :confused:. But it's only a minor issue - I rather used the app for NH and renounced the rewards than going through the pain of using the browser version.

In the release notes of version 1.39 the beta team stated:

"We do want NH to be more and more convenient to perform in the future (see the mobile system). And we think that this is the most important element to push people to perform Neighborly help and make sure it's as easy convenient as people."

After 22 months the NH in the browser isn't the least bit more convenient than is was. Not having to chase reward chests is not nearly enough for me - I'd still be disappointed :(.

Pauly7

Magus
Chasing the help chests actually doesn't add to the fun for me. And I found it strange that you help someone, and the reward I receive isn't handed out to me but thrown somewhere in the bushes
Yeah that always seemed silly to me.... "In honour of you visiting our great city we donate this chest of gems to you.... but it's hidden in the woods somewhere. Go find it! Haha"

To be honest, though, NH chest rewards get less and less important as you move through the game (unless trying to spot something for a quest or adventure.) It's much like cyclable quests - really good in the early stages, but fairly unimportant to a latter stages player, unless you're willing to graft enough to pick up everything that's available.

Pauly7

Magus
Oh come on you guys! It's designed so you actually look around the other player's city, admire what's there, or find some area where you could offer some advice.
This doesn't make you look around a city. It makes you look around the bushes and woods which are the same for everyone. There's an argument to say that giving the neighbourly help itself makes you look at a person's city (on PC), but not hunting for the chest.

DeletedUser3097

This feedback will be passed on.