• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships Group chat

Johnboy26

Seeker
Is it just me but the group chat is the best way to keep in contact and pass information to the entire fellowship, I'm thinking there should be a button so the archmage can to pin certain post so they stay on top for a period of time. This way all fellowship members get to see it without having to scroll through loads of comments, half the time players miss it where they can't be bothered to go back 30 or 40 odd messages?

SkyRider99

Immortal
It is not just you @Johnboy26. There have been repeated requests in the forum, over time, to provide a better chat facility. But don't hold your breath waiting for that. ;)

Your suggestion is a good one. I also have FS members who couldn't be bothered to scroll back to read important messages and discussions.

If I have important information, or I wish to preserve some comments, I send a mail message to the entire fellowship. Mostly just to allow me to feel I have done my job. There are still members who couldn't be bothered. And there is also the rare FS member who does not comprehend English and so will always ignore messages, whether in chat or in mail.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

1681230512784.png

Johnboy26

Seeker
So what's the point of having a forum thread on ideas and suggestions if the powers that be don't listen when multiple people suggest the same thing.
Its a bit like saying give me suggestions on a different flavour for an ice cream, 500 people come back saying we want blueberry and coconut flavour and then you stick with the safe old vanilla anyway.
If you don't take into account what multiple people say then the thread is a waste of time.

SkyRider99

Immortal
So what's the point of having a forum thread on ideas and suggestions if the powers that be don't listen when multiple people suggest the same thing.
I take your point @Johnboy26. I am reliably (?) informed by various forum sources that our ideas and suggestions are listened to. What happens after that is anybody's guess.

From a practical standpoint I try to remember that we are merely providing ideas and suggestions. It wouldn't really matter if 10,000 people agree. They would still be just a suggestion that could be ruled as impractical or infeasible by anyone in a position to evaluate the 'idea'. And so goes the war; the French have a saying for that, but I am forbidden from writing it. :rolleyes: