• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Goods production times

DeletedUser

[Summary] - Summarise your idea in one or two sentences.

I know I'm only new here but I think the goods productions times need a tweak (primarily Steel, Marble and Planks). Currently there are 4 options (3 hours, 9 hours, 24 hours or 48 hours) and it seems to me the 48 hour option is kind of redundant

[Details] - Clarify your idea by explaining the specifics.

If you are active (log on at least once a day) you will never use the 48 hour option and the time between 9 hours and 24 hours is too vast for an active player so my suggestion is to get rid of the 48 hours option and change the 9 hours to 8 hours and then put a 12 hour option in so that then the options would be 3 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours and 24 hours.

[Reasons for implementing] - Explain why this idea should be implemented.

3 hours as the first option isn't ideal either in my opinion but at least if you are logged on say 8 hours a day you can work around that and then use the 12 hour option then until you can next log on thus wasting less man hours you could avail of over a 24 hour period. 48 hours is illogical as an option for new users. Granted it probably works for people with a stock pile of the Goods since they won't be in short demand but for those just starting out we need shorter time spans where we can generate more of the good in the time we have available to us. As it is now lets say I am going to bed but and I cant log on for 12 more hours then I either pick 9 hours (and lose out on 3 hours production) or 24 hours and have 12 of those 24 hours producing goods at a lower time to production ratio and bring me back to the same time of the day/night where I have to chose between 9 hours or 24 hours yet again for my next production.

[Impact on other game features] - Name all the game features that would be impacted by implementing this idea.

Other than to a persons own account where they could manage their time better and make the most of it it would also improve things for traders since people would be making more Goods thus be in a position to sell more since not everything they make would have to go to their own upgrades, they could acquire a surplus and as such get on the trading market. Obviously the amount of goods produced would have to change too to compensate for the shorter time frames but I think it would be beneficial especially to new players and would have a knock on effect for more established players who buy from them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser248

I like this idea! :) I don't see myself using the 48 hour option, ever. LOL
I would back you on this idea 100! ;)

DeletedUser121

We don't need to be limited to 6 choices. How about 8? But if we only have six, this would facilitate gameplay much more than the current system: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 9 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours.

DeletedUser

We don't need to be limited to 6 choices. How about 8? But if we only have six, this would facilitate gameplay much more than the current system: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 9 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours.

Because goods work different to the workshop, workshop products are a type of currency like coins that you need more of for things like training soldiers whereas good are specific to trade and upgrade, if you brought it down to 1 hour for say a plank manufacturer it would have to be something like .89 of a plank per hour. I don't know if you understand how the goods work but how it works is you can only produce a certain amount a day (unless you are on 24/7) so all the options under 24 hours round that off to the nearest whole number so your suggestion wouldn't work because sooner or later the market would be flooded with all goods. Your suggestion will alter the amount of goods produced (and create to many in my opinion) whereas my suggestion only asks that they stick to the current system but just tweak the times to better facilitate peoples time frames. You are suggesting a way to acquire more goods, I'm not, I am merely asking them to remove a redundant option and replace it with a more realistic one

DeletedUser79

A 6 hour build time would be nice. Sometimes 3 hrs is not quite enough time and 9 hours is stretching it too far.

DeletedUser281

I agree, however, may I suggest that those goods (ie: basic goods) be reduced to something shorter. They are by definition in the game basic goods and therefore we will need a lot of them in order to continue to progress. It may be more advantageous if players are given options for 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, and 12 hours. That would better suit those players who are not only active throughout the day, but also those players who are more casual in their game style and log in once or twice a day.

As it stands now, the options of 3 hours, 9 hours, 12 hours and 48 hours is kind of ridiculous as has already been stated above. However, regarding the crafted goods, I have no issue with those production times taking longer than basic goods.

DeletedUser277

A 6 hour build time would be nice. Sometimes 3 hrs is not quite enough time and 9 hours is stretching it too far.

This would be my ideal also. I guess different people work to different routines, so it would be nice to have the 6 hour option, in addition to 3 and 9 hours. Personally, I don't mess with the longer options :D

DeletedUser79

I agree with both your points. A person rarely messes with the longer options but, they are still a nice to have if you are traveling , out of town etc.

DeletedUser

I agree with both your points. A person rarely messes with the longer options but, they are still a nice to have if you are traveling , out of town etc.

While I understand what you are saying that means the 48 hour option really only exists to benefit a minority of players which really shouldn't be the case. The production times should benefit the majority and be of a time frame that might logically be used by more than a handful of people on a daily basis otherwise their existence is redundant.

DeletedUser417

I would like to see 1 and 6 added, please:
1. for players who are online for many hours a day, the three hours take very long and active playing should be rewarded.
6. for people that work parttime or make short nights. :)

3. should stay in if you have to do some shopping. :)
9. is perfect for having a good night rest and fulltime working people.

I never use 1 day and 2 days but i can imagine some people staying somewhere else with no internet connection are using these. Like family visits in the States sometimes take 1 day to get there!

DeletedUser

Completely agree with Narquelion's post above. I could really use a 6 hour production time every now and again and 1 hour cycle would be great too. 9 hours is just a bit too long (an hour to be exact). 24 hours is also valid if one is going to go away for a while - however I never use it personally. 48 hours is just a bit long... Never been away for that long without internet during my travels unless my destination had no internet. But then 48 hours probably wouldn't be long enough in such a case. :D

DeletedUser

Maybe one of the boxes could be called "Custom Orders", and entering a quantity would allow you get set exactly the production time that you preferred?

You've have to pay a bit extra per unit, of course, for the overtime and the extra convenience.

DeletedUser330

It's certainly a good idea to have other rates.
1, 3, 6, 9, 12 & 24 would certainly be a good starting point :D