• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered GOLEMS

DeletedUser

Well, I posted a nice but useless post on treants and now....golems. Help. Heavy ranged unit. Used them in a first battle and got my butt handed to me. Suggestions on effective use? (don't really know why I am asking ...seeing the DEFEATED sign is becoming a habit)

DeletedUser114

Sorry Wooley I can't make head nor tail of the combat in this game either it is far to hard, that is why I am not going to do any more fighting....I will just have to do it the long hard way of getting the resources together to negotiate all provinces. :(

DeletedUser

Sorry guys but am doing better in this game fighting then in FoE. I hope that it don't get much more then I can handle but it is starting to get there for me now. I may have to stop fighting also but for now I fight when I can.

DeletedUser294

Golems are more or less useless (at lvl 1) , they tent to do the minimum damage to much, which means archers are often a better choice.
In addison to that, archers got +1 range...
Haven´t yet promoted my own golems, but will return to that later;)

Only place to use em at the moment, are if u are against necromancers, and u can "take the heat" with some swords and then take out the necros with golems...

DeletedUser370

First of all, if you use auto fight the golems are practically useless.
Golems are good to use against cannoneers accompanied by other unites that has bonus against light melees. Usually light melees are more effective against cannoneers, however if you stand also against knights, you might get blocked and easily defeated by them. Using unites capable of attacking at distance solves this problem and since cannoneers have high defensive bonus against archers, golems are logical solution.
I also sometimes use golems in battles where I stand against only light melees and access to my starting side of field is very limited thanks to obstacles in terrain (this situation usually occurs in crystal provinces) so that access to golems can be blocked by treant units.

DeletedUser

Anyone know what is good to use when going up against Golems II? I'm getting slaughtered in Elixir provinces at the moment

DeletedUser294

Anyone know what is good to use when going up against Golems II? I'm getting slaughtered in Elixir provinces at the moment

Against only golems u should use 5x sorceresses, if u don´t have em, Sword dancers works to but with much higher losses ...