• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Getting a negative population

• Thread starter DeletedUser1391
  • Start date

DeletedUser1391

Game version: v1.16.13-(6f6b1c7) (2016-10-26 8:37)
Game world: Winyandor
Browser + version: Google Chrome; Version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit)
Flash Player version: 23.0.0.205
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bits
Screen resolution: 1920*1080
Account name: RCJL
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (I think all the times)

Quest title: No quest.

Current situation:
I accidently sold a level 21 residence, having 900 population. My population was 42690 ELves, the working population is 42548 Elves. The difference between these is +142 Elves. I expect that i cant sell a residence which holds 900 Elves. The new amount of available population is -758 Elves.

Expected situation:
I expext that i cant sell a residence when the free population is smaller than the population of the house I want to sell.

Reproduction Steps
(In my case) Have a positive amount of available poplation
2. Sell a residence which holds more population than your amount of available of population
3. The available population will be negative

Screenshots of the bug:
2016.11.06.NEGATIVE.AVAILABLE.POPULATION.jpg

DeletedUser363

You can sell the house, and end up with negative population, you just can't build or upgrade any buildings that need population to build them until you have the correct amount of positive population again. You could sell all your houses and have even more negative population, it would just put your game into limbo until you rebuilt enough houses

firerock

Enchanter
no I have seen this myself

You build a building it doesn't seem to matter what, I built a workshop (level 1) I got 68 population ?
I restarted IE cleared the cache, built another no pop gain, then I upgraded the original one and it gave me 68 pop again.

Then a few minutes later out of the blue it flashed up (when I was doing nothing) and sais I had lost over 1200 population?
giving me -ve pop.
restarted IE, and then it said I had 600 odd pop (which I think is true)

I've had several people in the fellowship have this issue

DeletedUser363

no I have seen this myself
That wasn't the initial issue in this thread...RCJL is saying they didn't think you could sell buildings that would give you negative population, but you can. The pop levels jumping around is in a different thread ;)

DeletedUser363

:D;):D It's not easy keeping track of the main subjects of different threads :)