• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

For Ranking Pts Maximisation - Shall we build AWs or Manufactories? A calculation

DeletedUser791

G'day everyone

With AWs rewarding you ranking points equal to KPs donated in the future, I was wondering whether it will be worth building AWs over manufactories and/or armories to maximise ranking points.

So I put together a quick spread sheet, calculating the ratio "ranking points per square" (pts/sq) to compare.

The following limitations apply in the calculation:
  • only assessed Human AWs and manufactories
  • only looked at my boosted goods Marble, Crystal and Gems
  • only compared max level AW (level 10) with max level manufactory
Major findings (outdated! Please see posts below for updated numbers. Hint: AW > all):
  • The highest pts/sq ratio in AWs is with Prosperity Towers (Lvl 10) at 150.9 pts/sq
  • The lowest pts/sq ratio in AWs is with Dwarven Bulwark (Lvl 10) at 132.25 pts/sq
  • Crystal Manufactory (Lvl 19) has 184.4 pts/sq - highest overall!
  • Armories - don't even think about it if you want max points
I'm hoping for other players to contribute, so we can assess whether we should be building max level Tier 2 manufactories over AWs for maximising ranking points.

Here's the spread sheet with details.

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 10.26.25.png

Cheers,
Zzzyk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1816

I think you don't include the size of the residences. For 2330 population you need 2330/680 = 3.4 residences. This equals an other 34 squares but will give you 200 more pts. This results in - for the crystal manufactory - roughly 3150 pts per 50 squares which is 63 pts/square. That changes the picture a lot...

Of course, if you include snail palaces the picture will change again. It would be interesting to see the calculation for different scenarios.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser791

I think you don't include the size of the residences. For 2330 population you need 2330/680 = 3.4 residences. This equals an other 34 squares but will give oyu 200 pts more. This gives for the crystal manufactory roughly 3150 pts per 50 squares is 63 pts/square. This changes the picture a lot...

Of course, if you include snail palaces the picture will change again. It would be interesting to see the calculation for different scenarios.
Good point Aeriavel. I will take both scenarios (#1 with snails, #2 with max level residence + Pond) into consideration. The picture might shift (heavily) towards AWs. I'll post the updated table when done.

DeletedUser791

Here's the update (and this is a significant one). Thanks to Aeriavel for pointing out what impact the required pop & culture buildings will have on pts/sq ratios.

The trend has shifted heavily towards supporting the idea of building AWs and maximising their level for maximising your ranking points.

So all we can do is now acquiring the thousands of KPs required to get our AWs to max level :)

P.S.: At first sight it might seem that this calculation was nonsense as it just confirmed what we expected - build your AWs! BUT: I believe it's still good information, especially knowing how much each AW will support your goals and that there's no doubt for the need to build AWs if you want to play a role in your world's top ranking.

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 16.29.36.png

DeletedUser1353

I've been thinking about this myself, thanks for taking the time to bring out the actual ratios! :)

DeletedUser1816

What's more, some AW give culture and population. These can then be used to build, in your case, the crystal manufactories. That puts even more weigth to the AW.

One of the new AW gives over 2k pop with a size of just 3x3, according to the beta forum...

DeletedUser1353

The max lvl of the AW:s will be increased to 15 aswell, or is that just for the new ones?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
No need to calculate, it are flat out wonders

Wonders dont need support buildings. they dont need workers, culture, at most they need a bit of road and thats about it.
A factory need workers and culture, the amount of space needed to create those need to be added to a factory's size.
so points / (factory size+support builings size) = building points per space or its efficiency.

DeletedUser1816

No need to calculate, it are flat out wonders
You are absolutely right. AW score much higher. But you cannot run your city just on AW (at least not reasonably :) ). So It's still interesting what else scores high.
What's more, there are so many AW now (or coming soon) that you need to choose. If max. score is all you care about you'll still want to calculate which wonder scores best...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
True, but actually the amount of ranking points you can generate is mostly limited by the ability to generate KP and the ability to accumulate the required runes.

You can easily build all of them. so instead of calculating them, see which ones you like and build those instead. Dwarven Halls en the Sanctuaty/Martial Monestary excepted since they are the real ranking point bombs.

Right here I will post my layout for my city after the next expansion unlock in the next week or 2.
In the left bottom corner you already see the future space for the prosperity tower. and there are more than plenty space spots to unlock and not much room needed for the wonders left. (wonders not yet planned inside the city are placed outside the border at the bottow for now)

iJlwDjn.png

DeletedUser66

Tome of secrets:

Size: 4x4 (16 tiles)
KP required max. level 15: 4649
Points per tile: 290.5

Golden Abyss:

Size: 3x3 (9 tiles)
KP required max. level 15: 4060
Points per tile: 451.1

Provided that 1KP will equal 1 point

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Tome of secrets:

Size: 4x4 (16 tiles)
KP required max. level 15: 4649
Points per tile: 290.5

Golden Abyss:

Size: 3x3 (9 tiles)
KP required max. level 15: 4060
Points per tile: 451.1

Provided that 1KP will equal 1 point

You forgot to add the bonus points for workers. so the abyss is even better.