• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Flying Boat Anchor

• Thread starter DeletedUser1342
  • Start date

DeletedUser1342

Hello,

Just curious is there seems to be no indication that my flying boat is anchored to its anchor point, is it fine as long as the two are touching ?

DeletedUser1295

You will see a red sign above any building that needs to be anchored/attached to a road and is not.
If you do NOT see the red sign, then it is anchored ;)

DeletedUser1342

Thanks I know about the road anchor for factories, residences and so on, this is the flying boat anchor I am talking about. A lot of players appear to not have their flying boats anchored to an anchor point, as a cultural building it does not need to be anchored to a road. It does not matter if I place the flying boat beside the anchor point or not nothing suggests it is anchored and will not "blow away".

DeletedUser

nothing suggests it is anchored and will not "blow away".
There's a tie down.
anchor.png

DeletedUser1342

If you go to Buildings > Culture > Flying Boats and rest your mouse on purchase diamonds, a pop up comes up that says " Wouldn't it be a pity if a gust of wind carried your flying boats away? Better to have a strong foundation they can hold on to." It is this I am referring to - all flying boats have the basic tie down, but if this you beaut 140 diamond anchor point works perhaps some sort of strengthened rope tying the two together would be nice and also the wording suggests one anchor point works for any number of boats which is a bit ambiguous.

DeletedUser

Hello dingledog,

I see your point. But have you considered that in our magical world of Elvenar there might be other means of securing a flying boat than physically attaching it via a chain or rope?

Perhaps the Anchor Point acts like a beacon with a magical impulse radiating from it that will keep all flying boats nearby 'anchored'. I mean, who really knows how those boats fly in the first place. Is it simple elven magic, some hidden plants growing beneath them, or something else...?

DeletedUser815

I'm thinking that the anchor point is for your visitors. They will need somewhere to "park" their flying boats that they use to come visit your fair city with. :)

DeletedUser

I'm thinking that the anchor point is for your visitors.
That would explain the giant lantern attached to it! :D

A very high-tech construct... Works as a beacon and an anchor... No wonder it costs diamonds. :p