• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Fighting to gain provinces

• Thread starter DeletedUser8901
  • Start date

DeletedUser8901

I am finding it very difficult to gain land, I only negotiate because my armies are only 3 squad, and all the other armies are enormous. What actually happens if you choose to fight?

DeletedUser5381

That depends. What color is the ring around the province? Blue is the easiest, red would slaughter your troops.

DeletedUser7309

That depends. What color is the ring around the province? Blue is the easiest, red would slaughter your troops.
Where is the ring around the province? Are there just two colours ? Is it a pc thing that isn’t on mobile?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
province.jpg

This is how non-completed provinces look like on PC (very easy and easy).

Is it a pc thing that isn’t on mobile?

You're missing many things if you play mobile only...

DeletedUser7309

View attachment 3663

This is how non-completed provinces look like on PC (very easy and easy).

You're missing many things if you play mobile only...

Thanks, is there a way to tell before you scout apart from differences in cost ?
Maybe but if I didn’t play on mobile I wouldn’t play at all !

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The color rings on PC are some kind of visualization of the scouting cost (indirectly). Enemy squad size is determined by scouting cost. The color of the ring is determined by the ratio of your squad size vs. enemy squad size. Although I like this indicator, it's really no big deal if you don't have it, just scout the cheapest provinces - with or without color ring.

if I didn’t play on mobile I wouldn’t play at all !

Valid point! If you are happy with the app, there's nothing wrong with that :)

DeletedUser4985

I am finding it very difficult to gain land, I only negotiate because my armies are only 3 squad, and all the other armies are enormous. What actually happens if you choose to fight?
Are you making good use of the reduced costs after completing Advanced Scouts at the start of each chapter? I'm not sure how much you've learned already, so apologies in advance if this is redundant.

One strategy is to accept slower city growth and only conquer as many provinces as is needed to unlock the Advanced Scouts for the next chapter. Advanced Scouts will then reduce the costs of the next provinces (scouting, negotiation, enemy army size and tournaments). The costs will creep up with each new province scouted of course, but the reductions at the start of each chapter really help.

Does this sound relevant to your situation? It's easy to get caught up in chasing provinces for expansions, but it makes playing more expensive in terms of goods and troops.

DeletedUser8901

Thank you, I have just unlocked the advance scouting and gone into chapter 2, just waiting for new province to download, and hoping negotiation costs will be cheaper. I play on an iPad so don’t get coloured rings.

m4rt1n

Adept
If it's any help I found fighting very difficult prior to about chapter 5 and had huge losses in provinces.
I suggest to join a fellowship and use round 1 of the tournament to practice and get the hang of fighting as losses in the first 4-5 provinces are fairly insignificant.
Negotiate world map provinces until you get to grips with fighting and the different troop types and capabilities.