• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships Fellowship-internal Tournament Rewards

DeletedUser791

[Summary]: Offer Fellowship-internal rewards to the best performing tournament players within the Fellowship

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Yes, checked the forums via search and manual scan.

[Details]:
  • in addition to rewarding the best Tournament players of the World, reward the best performing Tournament players within the Fellowshi
  • no changes to the ranking system would need to be made, as a Fellowship ranking already exists, which currently lacks a reward system.
[Reasons for Implementing]:
At the moment, only the best performing players of the World are rewarded. This discourages less active players to participate in tournaments at all. If additional rewards would be offered to the best performing Fellows within each Fellowship, the following could be achieved:

• encourage more players of all levels to participate in tournaments who at the moment see no chance of gaining rewards in World rankings and subsequently do not participate in tournaments
  • strengthen community feeling in Fellowships via internal competition
  • more engagement with other Fellowship members throughout the week due to continuing competition
[Balance]:
As the rewards would be offered in addition to existing World Tournament rewards, rewards for Fellowship-internal rankings would need to be smaller but still provide sufficient encouragement for more players to participate in tournaments, then currently do.

[Visual Aids]: none

Looking forward to the feedback.

Deleted User - 384643

Yes, it would be nice if, for example, the fellowship member with the most tournament points would get an extra 15KP, the 2nd highest ranking fellowship member would get an extra 10KP and 3rd place would get 5KP (provided they all finished a minimum amount of tournament provinces and/or reached a minimum amount of points, since we don't want to make it too easy).

DeletedUser791

I think rewards should apply for Top10 - if it's just for the Top3 in the FS, then most players won't be encouraged to participate (which is the main goal of this idea).
Rewards could be similar to tournaments, including relics, AW runes, KPs (and maybe even buildings?).

DeletedUser2405

As archmage of Angelbright and someone who could make a lot more effort in tournaments I totally agree this would encourage more fellows to compete more often.:)

DeletedUser791

Thanks for all the support! This seems more wanted than I thought.

Almost two month since the thread was posted but no reply from Inno. Are they still monitoring the idea's corner or are they too busy fixing the FS Adventures o_O

Pauly7

Magus
Almost two month since the thread was posted but no reply from Inno. Are they still monitoring the idea's corner or are they too busy fixing the FS Adventures o_O
If you've ever seen Inno reply to a thread then you're more eagle-eyed than I.

DeletedUser4852

Hello

So this is a great idea, but would need to be implemented for fellowships with, say a minimum of 20 members. Otherwise it would just encourage more smaller fellowships as technically they'd have a better chance of reward.

If you implemented this system, but only for fellowships with a stipulated minimum amount of members it would work in the game's favour as it would discourage teeny fellowships and incentivize some smaller fellowships to merge (rather than the hundreds of fellowships where you have between 1 and 5 members).

Additionally, I'd make it more about maximum participation than pure score, otherwise it will be demotivating to fellowships who have a mix of high level to low level players. Right now I'd love this system as I'm number 5 for the current tournament, even though I'm ranked 16 in the FS, but if the system were implemented purely on points, all those big players in my FS who couldn't be bothered before would crush me, even if I was trying my level best (I'm very new to the game).

Otherwise maybe it should be about relative improvement week on week? This would be motivating to both high level and low level players, and ultimately would encourage more people to spend more time on the game, and some people to invest more in diamonds. Therefore a win-win for players and Inno?

You could even do it on a sliding scale for high ranking fellowships where competition is tougher, otherwise many high level players would default to low ranking fellowships as they'd have a better chance of earning rewards there. I.e. more rewards for tougher, higher fellowships.

Anyway, I've probably over-analysed this, but I think its SUCH a cool idea.

M

Pauly7

Magus
So this is a great idea, but would need to be implemented for fellowships with, say a minimum of 20 members. Otherwise it would just encourage more smaller fellowships as technically they'd have a better chance of reward.
I thought of a solution to this problem - the system could be that the lowest participant gets 1 extra KP, the next one up gets 2 extra KP and so on. In a fellowship of 25 where everyone takes part then someone would get 25KP, but in a fellowship of 1 then that person could only earn 1.

DeletedUser3985

I disagree. If players want to be in a small fellowship to secure a small reward for a high internal rank then they're sacrificing the opportunity to earn 10 chests which would obviously have far superior prizes. Not to mention they'd also have no chance of ever winning a Fellowship Adventure.
Otherwise maybe it should be about relative improvement week on week? This would be motivating to both high level and low level players, and ultimately would encourage more people to spend more time on the game, and some people to invest more in diamonds. Therefore a win-win for players and Inno?
I'm not convinced this would be the best approach. From my experience, people tend to focus on tournaments that match their boosts (meaning the amount they participate is constantly going up and down) and if you had back-to-back boosted tournaments you wouldn't necessarily improve much and therefore be unfairly punished.
I think rewards should apply for Top10 - if it's just for the Top3 in the FS, then most players won't be encouraged to participate (which is the main goal of this idea).
Rewards could be similar to tournaments, including relics, AW runes, KPs (and maybe even buildings?).
I wouldn't mind a few extra rewards from tournaments (who would?) but I'm not sure it's really that important. I think 10 chests is enough incentive for someone to participate in tournaments, let alone all the individual rewards, but I'm interested in hearing how many KPs/runes etc. you think are appropriate for internal rewards.

Pauly7

Magus
I wouldn't mind a few extra rewards from tournaments (who would?) but I'm not sure it's really that important. I think 10 chests is enough incentive for someone to participate in tournaments, let alone all the individual rewards, but I'm interested in hearing how many KPs/runes etc. you think are appropriate for internal rewards.
I'm not sure that it is always enough. In my fellowship we tend to get about 15 people participating and there are always those others that haven't bothered at all. The 10 chests aren't necessarily an incentive because they will still pick up the prize whether they have participated or not and these people don't always look at the bigger picture that if they did their bit (and so did everyone else) then that extra chest would be opened.

Now it may be that some of those 9 or 10 "non-participants" are doomed to get the axe from the group if they are also not getting involved in any other ways, but that's a separate topic.

If, however, everybody was thinking that they may get an extra few KPs just for having a go I think a lot more of those that shy away at the back would be giving it a try.

That all said, I think that the ever-silent Inno may not be interested in this for two possible reasons. Firstly, more rewards = less diamonds spent. I look at this game and (with the exception of the AW overhaul a while ago) all I see is rewards diminishing or becoming harder to attain in every facet of the game and this is all down to the same reason, so any hopes of something more are usually in vain. The second reason is that I think their idea with the fellowships is that they want it to all be about teamwork so they might not want to introduce competition within the fellowships.

DeletedUser3985

I'm not sure that it is always enough. In my fellowship we tend to get about 15 people participating and there are always those others that haven't bothered at all. The 10 chests aren't necessarily an incentive because they will still pick up the prize whether they have participated or not and these people don't always look at the bigger picture that if they did their bit (and so did everyone else) then that extra chest would be opened.
Only participants in the tournament receive the chest rewards. If your fellow members aren't helping out then perhaps your mages should explain to them why they should and what benefits there are. Inform them of what troops/goods they will need, how many provinces they should aim for, whether to bribe or fight etc. Help and encourage the ones willing to put in the effort, replace those that won't. Or you could always search for a new fellowship.

Making tournament participation compulsory is also an option, even if it's only a couple fights/provinces, just like how some fellowships have rules requiring a certain amount of neighbourly help per week.
If, however, everybody was thinking that they may get an extra few KPs just for having a go I think a lot more of those that shy away at the back would be giving it a try.
There are already KP rewards for some tournament provinces, as well as in the chests. If that's not enough to encourage participation then I have my doubts that a few more from an internal competition would make much of a difference.

Pauly7

Magus
Only participants in the tournament receive the chest rewards.
This I didn't know, never having not participated in one. It also explains why there's often one or two people that do just one province, or even less than a province, and then no more.
If your fellow members aren't helping out then perhaps your mages should explain to them why they should and what benefits there are. Inform them of what troops/goods they will need, how many provinces they should aim for, whether to bribe or fight etc. Help and encourage the ones willing to put in the effort
I don't have mages, but anyone can help out anyone so that's the same thing. If anyone needs advice I'm the first one giving it, but some just don't seem to be that interested in tournaments.
replace those that won't
As I mentioned, this is what it sometimes eventually comes to.
Or you could always search for a new fellowship
I'm the Archmage of mine, so I'm not about to do that.
Making tournament participation compulsory is also an option, even if it's only a couple fights/provinces, just like how some fellowships have rules requiring a certain amount of neighbourly help per week.
I'm not a fan of such specific rules. I only ask that everyone contributes to the group in the ways that they choose to. If they don't at all, then see above.
There are already KP rewards for some tournament provinces, as well as in the chests. If that's not enough to encourage participation then I have my doubts that a few more from an internal competition would make much of a difference.
It's a good point, actually. I don't really understand why people don't do as much as they can. If one completes 9 provinces, for example, then the ongoing KP rewards far outweigh the chest prizes at the end (considering that we are opening 4-5 chests).