• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fawlty Towers

Sir Derf

Adept
Chapter 19.

I sold my old crop of Towers of Light and Dark yesterday morning.
I built 8 new towers and upgraded 4 from Light to Dark, using Time Boosts. I boosted 7 Towers of Light so I could place the eighth Tower of Light and upgrade the 4 Towers of Dark with my 5 builders. Thus, when I left the game yesterday morning, there were three operating Towers of Light, 1 Tower of Light under construction and 4 Towers of Dark under construction, which all take about 2 hours.

I didn't check back until morning of the next day, about 24 hours later. After collecting everything else, I went to collect from my Towers, and most of them had no Magic to collect. It appears that the three Towers of Light that were operating before I left yesterday had produced Magic, but the Tower of Light and 4 Towers of Dark had nothing. Am I correct in understanding that they all should have had full 12-hour productions at this point?

SkyRider99

Mentor
I would have also expected your towers to produce. Had you exceeded your storage caps of Magic?

I can't recall exactly @Sir Derf, but the wiki has this to say:

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Revenge_of_the_Exile

Tower of Light

The Tower of Light is an auto-production building. It can only produce one resource: the White Magic.

It has a total production time of 12 hours but it has an early collection after 1 hour.

The White Magic is one of the two hard-capped resources of the Chapter. So if you reach that limit you will not be able to collect the production until you spend that resource first.

Tower of Darkness

Purpose
It's the second production building you will need to progress through the chapter.

You can only obtain the Tower of Darkness by upgrading the Tower of Light. But to do that you will need the White Matter which can be obtained only by selling a Tower of Light!

Be aware! As with the Tower of Light, the Tower of Darkness will expire. That means that you will have to sell and rebuild it to produce chapter resources.

Selling the Tower of Darkness will grant you Black Matter. A precious resource required to upgrade the Fortress of Revenge.

Hint:
Upgrading the Tower of Light into Tower of Darkness will not reset the remaining expiring time to 7 days. Don't waste time to start collecting your Black Magic!

Collecting Productions
The Tower of Darkness is an auto-production building. It can only produce one resource: the Black Magic Black.

It has a total production time of 12 hours but it has an early collection after 1 hour.

The Black Magic is one of the two hard-capped resources of the Chapter. So if you reach that limit you will not be able to collect the production until you spend that resource first.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hey @Sir Derf So... I came across a similar issue the other day! It was like I was meant to know to answer this!! :D

So... when constructing a Building and logging out mid construction... the building will continue to be constructed HOWEVER, it will not begin producing resources until the moment you log back in.

We would recommend making sure that buildings are fully constructed prior to logging out if you want this Building to begin production.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

m4rt1n

Adept
Same applies with any auto producing building from the Trader to residences and AW's, if you leave the game while they are upgrading the building does not start production until the time of your next log in.

That also applies if you have the game open on PC for example overnight, it will require an action to start the productions from my observations over the years. Usually when I have tried, I get a reload required on moving the mouse after several hours.