• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Quests Faster quests

DeletedUser4221

When doing repeatable quests we need to click 3 three times to decline one quest.
1. Open quests
2. Click decline
3. Yeah I'm sure.

My first suggestion is to make a quests window. Something like trader when you accept a trade it updates so you can still accept the rest of the trades. So my suggestion is when you decline a quest it shows the next quest so you don't have to open the window again. That saves us one click.

My second suggestion is when you click decline quest and it asks you 'are you sure' that there should be a check box - Don't ask me again. Of course that would require an additional option in settings to change that as well if you for any reason want to be asked again. That saves us the third click. And we are left with the second click only.

Example: If I'm doing the quest where you need to collect advance tools 2 times (3h workshop production) and some amount of coins. I need to change 20 quests to get to that one again. That's 60 clicks. If I have 10 workshops I can do that quest 5 times every 3 hours. Right now that is 60*5 = 300 clicks.

I know that early in the game you don't have to go trough 20 quests. I think one of the big reasons people quit later in this game is monotony. This only adds to it. From my experience even when I have time to do 3h productions, I started to do 9h ones because it became so boring to click 300 times. And I think I'm not the only one.

If you could change the quest with just one click that would take 20 clicks + 2 clicks (to open and close the window). Times 5 that's 110 instead of 300 clicks. Yes I know that would take us less time to do that and we would spend less time in the game to do that particular thing (developer's view probably) . But other than that it just makes the game more and more boring and makes us visit it less.

I think this would really make gameplay faster and not only it would be less monotone it would probably make players more active with productions (we probably all sync manufactories and workshops), more production means more offers on the trader which is good not only for old players but also for newer players. I remember when I was starting and in a weaker alliance, lack of offers was a thing that annoyed me.

I was counting only quest clicks. Also English isn't my main language so go easy on me.

DeletedUser4221

How long does it take to "click"?

Not the point. It's such unnecessary part of the game. To me clicking every day like a robot isn't very fun. I'm sure there are a lot of active players who would like to avoid needless clicking every day and enjoy the rest of the game.

DeletedUser3755

My second suggestion is when you click decline quest and it asks you 'are you sure' that there should be a check box - Don't ask me again. Of course that would require an additional option in settings to change that as well if you for any reason want to be asked again. That saves us the third click. And we are left with the second click only.

Instead of a new option in settings, a hotkey would do the job. A hotkey to decline -> Yes, I'm sure.

DeletedUser4221

Instead of a new option in settings, a hotkey would do the job. A hotkey to decline -> Yes, I'm sure.

Yeah that would do the job too. Might be a little more work from developers to add another option to settings as well, I just think it's better because not everyone would know the hotkey unless they read the forums. And settings is right there in the corner lol

DeletedUser4221

I would like to be able to chose do I want to be asked every time - Do you really want to do it?

I guess there needs to be a choice so everyone is happy

DeletedUser4193

I vote for a 'drop-down menu' of all quests where u can directly choose the relevant quest☺ A lil icon in front of the quests (i.e. a steel icon) could help u with the selection.