• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Extra runes to shards?

DeletedUser9739

I have a good number of runes that belong to ancient wonders that I already have. Is it possible to convert them as shards, else they would seem to go to waste.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Every 5th upgrade of an Ancient Wonder, you need to fill the rune wheel again. So you'll need quite a few for each wonder you build.

The idea of converting runes to shards isn't new and I would welcome it, since the current workaround (filling rune wheels for unwanted wonders, building and tearing them down) is very ugly in my opinion.

SummerJoya

Alchemist
There are a lot of Ancient Wonders, I probably won’t put them to my city. But I desperately need broken shards, which I can’t get in other AWs because I’ve filled them all in and they’re waiting for me to put them up. What would happen if I set one of the AW and then deleted it, would the shards wheel becomes empty again?

Pauly7

Magus
There are a lot of Ancient Wonders, I probably won’t put them to my city. But I desperately need broken shards, which I can’t get in other AWs because I’ve filled them all in and they’re waiting for me to put them up. What would happen if I set one of the AW and then deleted it, would the shards wheel becomes empty again?
Yes it would. That's what @RainbowElvira meant. Choose an AW that you don't want to build. Put rune shards into it, then when the broken shard meter is full go back to the AW you do want to build and forge the rune shard there.

Timneh

Artisan
Once that AW is level 30, you will still get runes for it. At that moment, they will truly be a waste.

With the upcoming addition of 5 more levels to most AWs there will be a need for runes for one more level if players want to upgrade to the maximum but yes you are right, when AWs are at maximum level runes become a waste.

SummerJoya

Alchemist
Yes it would. That's what @RainbowElvira meant. Choose an AW that you don't want to build. Put rune shards into it, then when the broken shard meter is full go back to the AW you do want to build and forge the rune shard there.

It works. I get 2 Rune shards by that....so place AW that I don't want it and when it was built simply delet it, the wheel became empty. Awesome :)