• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar cut AMs off from many members... Management impossible.

DeletedUser2876

I am a recent AM.
I am retructuring and organising the 22 members.... (or so I thought)

After not getting a reply from one member for 2 weeks, and others never, I was subsequently told that Message System is not available on tablets.
Is this true?
It seems a bit insane that Elvenar are urging more communication in FSs, floating out more and more 'team' events, and all the while failing to make communication it actually possible for huge numbers of players.
How do others handle this debacle?
If I cannot contact my members I may as well resign.
Persevering would be a bit stupid when half of the members have no idea whats going on, and I have to issue long explanations in CHAT which decays away.??!!
Awful.

DeletedUser5976

It is unfortunately true. I started on the app as well and have been told in the chat that there is a PC version that has functionality that the app version doesn't have. That was for me the reason to also start playing on the PC.

The difference in functionality between the app version and PC version has been decreasing steadily though. So we are expecting parity to be reached at some point, but we have no idea when developers will make messaging in the app possible.

DeletedUser2876

It is unfortunately true..

Thanks LH. As you may suspect, I am reeling from this revelation.
How can I even find out who is on a deaf and dumb platform, in order to discount them from having the ability to engage in team play? if I cannot post a group message?
Bordering on if not breaching the threshold of unsane.
I have some big rethinking to do.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
we reached that point some time back

some of us use alternative comms like facebook and discord to try and bridge the gap .. but I do find that has problems reaching all even so.

dont worry .. elvenar is off on its merry way on the mobile app adventure and at some point it will manage to reach the point of enabling more than the ingame chatbox and at some point it might even see that players like yourself are valued customers bringing new players into the game and perhaps throw us a cookie or two for our pains to try and make a fellowship team work

DeletedUser5976

I have some big rethinking to do.
Good luck stelarista. You can try using the /who command in chat to see who is on at a particular time and see if they react to the chat, but that is not a total replacement of messages. Unfortunately I have no other suggestions.

DeletedUser5352

I am a recent AM.
I am retructuring and organising the 22 members.... (or so I thought)

After not getting a reply from one member for 2 weeks, and others never, I was subsequently told that Message System is not available on tablets.
Is this true?
It seems a bit insane that Elvenar are urging more communication in FSs, floating out more and more 'team' events, and all the while failing to make communication it actually possible for huge numbers of players.
How do others handle this debacle?
If I cannot contact my members I may as well resign.
Persevering would be a bit stupid when half of the members have no idea whats going on, and I have to issue long explanations in CHAT which decays away.??!!
Awful.
I tell my members via the chat, to open their browsers, at least once a day.

m4rt1n

Adept
Inno need to add the message system to the App version ASAP, or the app will die a death I believe. Not everyone can access a PC these days, and lots of players use only phones or tablets.
That said the app version has been out less than a year and about 8 months out of the beta release, and keeps getting cool upgrades, but communication in my opinion should have been top of the "to do" list. :)

DeletedUser2838

The only sensible response is not to let members join who cannot communicate. Seek new members through Messaging only, which will guarantee it. As (exclusively) app players cannot take part in Fellowship Adventures I fail to see why they would want to join a FS, what advantage do they gain from being in one.

m4rt1n

Adept
The only sensible response is not to let members join who cannot communicate. Seek new members through Messaging only, which will guarantee it. As (exclusively) app players cannot take part in Fellowship Adventures I fail to see why they would want to join a FS, what advantage do they gain from being in one.

The app version of the game encourages players to join a fellowship and they can participate in the weekly tournaments, chat, give/recieve fellowship help, and trades. The last yet to be added the FA I'm sure is not far away now, as it is close to a year since the first APP Beta release, and I look forward to it being added, as mobile gaming is the future of the world. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7070

I second this! Messaging system needs to be the next best thing in the mobile app, or its completly useless to get new members!
I am recruiting members and those that are never answering to anything are those that play on mobile only, which is quite a lot of people!

I will not even start about visiting other cities or helping with ancient wonders! People on mobile app miss out on things!