• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Elvenar and the Oculus Rift !

DeletedUser1274

I really fancy being able to walk up and down the streets of my land or those lands belonging to people in my fellowship, and seeing it at 'Elf High" level. ;)

What do you think are the chances in the future? To build our lands and wander through listening to the music, or to the sounds of nature and looking at what you have built from normal height level. Elvenar as an immersive VR experience would be awesome. There are even machines now that would allow you to walk around the streets. What do you think? Mad idea or good idea? Playing Elvenar with the Oculus and the Omni? Instead of going on the treadmill for an hour you could take a wander around Fellowship lands for an hour.

DeletedUser

Elvenar as an immersive VR experience would be awesome.
We're a long ways from having a full 3-dimensional model of our cities, which is what would be required.

I don't even want to think about the bandwidth requirements for all of the additional modeling data. It may not even be feasible for a browser based client/server environment.

DeletedUser219

Tut, Tut Katwijk, practical to the bitter end. :rolleyes: At least recognise the vivid imagination and poetic soul of the OP before you destroy the idea with cold facts and bitter reason. :eek: