• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Elvenar and FoE?

DeletedUser11753

Hello, I am new to Inno's games. I started FoE about 10 days ago. 3 days ago I started Elvenar. My point is to check out these 2 games, and see which one I would stick for years.

I'm newbie, so I can not say which one I like more. The only thing I can compare is the graphic. I love the graphic of both Foe and Elvenar. FoE is more relax to my eyes. Elvenar is much more colorful (better graphic quality).

Here is my question:
1/ Why did Inno produce 2 same games? What is the aim of these 2 games?
2/ I had bad memories with social game like I did with Clash of Clans. So if I want to play alone, not invole to clan, guild, or fellowship, which one will suit me well? Foe or Elvenar? Or both is good for solo player?

I don't want to go too far into one game, then switch to another game, just to know how different they are. I've read some comparison, but no clear anwser for my 2 questions above. Thank you!

Julian

Sorcerer
I've never played FoE, so I can't properly answer you. However, Elvenar is very much designed for you being a part of a fellowship. A large proportion of your trading will be with your fellowship. You need to be in a fellowship to play the adventures, tournaments and a component of the Spire, not to mention the additional guidance from playing alongside more experienced players.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Im a straight up Elvenar player but my Partner plays Forge of Empires. I know the mechanics are quite similar with the whole building your City thing however I understand that Forge is centred around pillaging and fighting with other Cities? whereas of course Elvenar is more Family Friendly. When we visit a City it's to give love, and neighbourly help!

I think the best person to answer this though would be our very own @Silmaril... she's a veteran of both! :D

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Ohhhh what a question!!!!!
I have played our fabulous Forge of Empires for 7.5 years now and it is what attracted me to becoming a moderator in the first place as I was on the Forge team for a few years.
However I had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with other moderators and met our very own muf-muf for a healthy debate on why Elvenar was more than worth the try, had great strategies to navigate as well as being very beautiful.
I sighed and agreed to try the game......and shall we say I have never looked back!
I absolutely adore Elvenar, I love the buildings, the awesome animations that are at times hilarious...did you know we have over 7000 unique buildings here? I like the puzzle of buildings changing size and orientation over the chapters and most of all I love the way that the players interact with each other, to help everyone get the very best out of the game.
Forge is more about war, with Guilds battling each other across the whole game - we can choose to not do this in Elvenar, instead making the negotiating choice and being peaceful, we never get plundered and find our hard earned items ''stolen'' and we can take our own sweet time in the game, without the pressure to push forward.
I hope this helps, yes I enjoy both and play both daily, but Elvenar is my greatest love of the two, hence you find me here :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Here is my question:
1/ Why did Inno produce 2 same games? What is the aim of these 2 games?
2/ I had bad memories with social game like I did with Clash of Clans. So if I want to play alone, not invole to clan, guild, or fellowship, which one will suit me well? Foe or Elvenar? Or both is good for solo player?

I play elvenar only, so take my answer with caution.

1. Because Inno think they can earn more money making 2 games than they can earn making 1 game. The aim is the same with both: to earn money.
I think your real question is more along the lines of what the difference between the 2 games is?
As I said I don´t play FoE, but the main thing I know about the game is, that it allows PvP, that means Player vs. Player so one player can attack another player. Here in elvenar that is not possible. You can fight, but you can only fight with monsters in the program, never with another player. And as a result you can never forcefully take anything from another player or have anything taken from you by another player. I think that is the biggest difference. As the others have said, the game mechanics are very similar and code developed in FoE often finds its way to elvenar, just with different graphics. Obviously the looks are very different as well.

2. Here I really don´t know how FoE compares. All I can say: I would not be playing elvenar anymore without the social part of the game. Really for me that is the only reason to play. It sure is possible to play alone, but you would be missing basically everything that is fun. But if you need nothing but a quiet corner where you can slowly build your own city without interference, than I suppose you can do just that. Elvenar may be better than FoE if that is your goal, simply because it does not allow anyone to attack you, so nobody can actually interfere with your game... But that depends really on what your goals and preferences are.

Stucon

Illusionist
We even fight in tournaments where the soldiers retire rather than die. Honest, there are farms full of them in the countryside.

DeletedUser11753

Thank you all alot! Your advices/answers lead me go straight to Elvenar :D

The irony of my situation is, I've read many comments/advices about Clash of Clans before I go deep into it 3 and half years ago. 99% of them tell me must be in a clan, to maximize my benefit, easier game play and quick process, have fun with clan mates..etc... But I see the exact opposite :(. I pay some bucks in game. But no one can pay for my living time. Time is the real deal, not money. I were a fulltime hardcore slave for CoC for 42 months, not a single day off. It took me about 18 months to completely learn everything in CoC, with 15 accounts, test and fail, then test again and again. This was the time I really enjoyed CoC. After that, I just stuck with CoC. Actually from the begining, I intentionally want to dive into a game, to forget about something trully bad happened in my life.

I love playing video games. I have no plan to quit playing games. My first PC game was Doom 1996, Quake 1996, Wolfenstein 3D (1992), Tomb Rider 2..etc... I played it in 1996 on my first PC. Man, the 90's game zone was so awesome:D. From that on, I play video games as a casual player, until CoC.

Now I quit CoC. I need another game to play, but way less work + pressure to do. I don't think FoE and Elvenar is more pressure than CoC. In a 3 minutes PvP, just one super small mistake, and the whole team lose, you may get kicked out. Everyone in your team and your competitor team can watch your performce attack LIVE! Even no one watching it live, people of 2 teams can watch it again for maximum 4 days after the war end. Your heart beat will sure rise up everytime you go attack in war.

I require these features:

1/ Building game.
2/ ABSOLUTE NO PvP. But not a farm game. A city building game is my taste.
3/ No stress, no pressure.
4/ Don't want to invole to people anymore. From my experience, over time, team mates will quit. To the point that I were alone in my clan with all dead accounts of my friends. How can I go on the game, with this?!?! My clan looks like a tomb, and me look like a tomb keeper:p. Are you cold heart enough to kick out all of your team mate's dead account for spaces to recruiting new member? Even I do this, new members would not be fun with many dead accounts sit in the clan with Co-Leader position. Waiting for them to online again? I did try to recruiting new friends, but then they quit before me, and I became alone, have to look for new friends. It keep repeat circle like this, driving me insane. No more clan mate = total freedom, to me.

Thankfully, with all of your helpful advices above, I choose to go on with Elvenar. Specially the artwork is trully art. I see no game can compare to Elvenar's excelent art graphic. Salute to the artists who draw this game:diamond:. All kind of fantasy buildings that my mind can not immagine, with wonderful colors.

And for the atmosphere of FoE and Elvenar, compare to CoC? I'm new with level 3 in Elvenar, level 4 in FoE. But nobody kick me out of the guild/fellowship. No one has been rude to me even I nearly zero in power compare to them. I'm actually lucky enough to be in friendly guild and fellowship. I got kicked a few times when I begin to play CoC and Rise of Kingdoms.

For example. A guy in RoK attacked me while I'm peaceful farming in his Alliance's territory. The farm is nothing much to his Alliance, but close next to me, I can not run around a big map just to farm resources. He clearly see I'm not in any Alliance, and less power than him. He attacked me, then send me some bully messeges, he and his mates are hunting for me. Bad luck for him, he met a brutal insance solo player with over 20 google accounts (I told him I have 86 accounts with 20 super strong Alliances lol, sure can burn his whole team down in seconds). I immediately join in a really strong Alliance, double power of his Alliance, 2nd strongest Alliance in my Kingdom. Then I send double bully reply back to him with the worst words in English. He reply me really polite after that haha. This is my strategy. He represent what I hate about these stupid strategy games makes people think they have real power. If they are too aggressive, they should go for online shooting game, or action game, not strategy games. Aggressive personality is always bad in strategy.

Mean while, my FoE guild mates write down an essay of what newbie should do in detail after i asked, and they repost it in a new topic, for later newbie join in can read.

Again, I still want to play solo. I enjoy Elvenar so far without join a fellowship. I actually in a fellowship now. But not much comfortable for me to chat, because English is not my original language, I can write, but not fast enough for chating.

Since Supercell completely withdraw from my country, and last week Rise of Kingdoms disappeared on the Goole Play Store too. I think Elvenar and FoE could be the best replacement for Supercell and Lilith Games if they have more languages option. My folks just can not go on with FoE and Elvenar because most of us can not read English, or too lazy to learn English in the game. RoK system has Google translate button in the end of each chat sentense. So everyone just write in their own languages, at least everyone else in the world understand the basic meaning. This is a plus for non English speaking country like mine.

Thank you all! You help me confirm which game is suit for me. I hate PvP now. Really hate to have my heart beat rise almost everyday because of clan war, clanmates absent..etc...

I'm sorry I deleted this account. Because I did stupid things to my city haha. I put down 2 pieces of the Sorcerers Homecoming event. One piece is the largest/highest main piece of the building with the moon icon and cloud on top. I put down 1 more Academic building I got from this event. Later on, I read someone in this forum said "Don't put the new event buildings in your city soon. It may take alot of spaces.". I did :p I already had a new account. This time I should learn more carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Well allow me to be the first on here to welcome you to the Elvenar Family :)

I wouldn't worry too much about not being talkative in your Fellowship, there are plenty of players exactly the same as you. It helps that you're part of a Fellowship, but chatting is not a priority.

If you ever have a question that you don't want to type into the Fellowship Chat then please bring it here to the Forum. We will help you along the way with any advice you need!!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Gargon667

Mentor
May I ask what your native language is? There are quite a few different language servers and you may not have been directed there when you created your account, even though your language exists.
Like in my case I got sent to the international server when I started playing, although I live in Sweden and a Swedish server exists. I suppose it has to do with browser/language/location setting in your computer/phone...

I don´t think you need to stay away from FS, as all the bad things you describe about them are not really applicable here. Of course players come and go. But it is nothing you need to deal with if you just join a group, rather than creating one with only your friends.

DeletedUser11753

May I ask what your native language is? There are quite a few different language servers and you may not have been directed there when you created your account, even though your language exists.
Like in my case I got sent to the international server when I started playing, although I live in Sweden and a Swedish server exists. I suppose it has to do with browser/language/location setting in your computer/phone...

I don´t think you need to stay away from FS, as all the bad things you describe about them are not really applicable here. Of course players come and go. But it is nothing you need to deal with if you just join a group, rather than creating one with only your friends.

Thank you! I'm Vietnamese, living in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. I created a new account. How do I check if Vietnamse is available?

I invited all of my clan mates from CoC to Elvenar (about 10). I created a fellowship for them. If they not go for Elvenar, I may join in a fellowship. Elvenar feel much safer for me. My clan mates are collected by my hard work for months of recruiting. The reason why I wanted to be a leader is, I want a real clean game environment (in CoC). Supercell deleted the Global Chat function of CoC 2 years ago. You can imagine how bad people talk in CoC. Also there are ways of abuse other clan, other players in CoC. That lead me to negative thoughs of online social game.

For example. I have 15 accounts. And I want to grow those accouts up strong, as fast as possible. For selling account later for example, people do it in real life, or just for other reasons. I can not raise 15 accounts myself. I also can not bring 15 accounts to one clan, they will kick me out if 15 accounts request for troops, it take too much time + effort to create different troops. So, I will send them to 15 different clans. I have all benefit from those clans. But I do minimum work on those 15 accounts. This is the benefit of being an abusers, which is popular in CoC. What about the bad effect for those 15 clans? Well, I can not focus on 15 accounts compare to 1 or 2 account, specially events need team work. Also, I don't online often, because I have to take care of my other accounts. This mean, I will only take troops from the clan, but I never donate to anyone. This play style is popular. So, if the leader don't have a good strategy, he and his good mates has to donate troops for many of abusers. Minimum 6 minutes to create an e-dragon. 5-10 minutes to send a new troops request. You can calculate, if a few abusers in your clan, how much time they can steal from your life. Many more problem to manage a clan, it harsh. All of this made me negative to social online game. So, now you know how happy I am playing Elvenar.:D

Gargon667

Mentor
Thank you! I'm Vietnamese, living in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. I created a new account. How do I check if Vietnamse is available?

I was afraid you would say that ;) There is no Vietnamese server, so far there are only European languages available. but there are definitely other Asian (Thai and Vietnamese I have met at least) players on the international servers. They seem to commonly use google translate to communicate, so you are not alone in that :)
Some of the fellowships post the countries of their players in their description, maybe you can connect to some that way if you think it could help you get started.