• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Elemental Portal shuffle?

Sir Derf

Adept
So, I've been spending my time post-Halflings upgrading what could be upgraded, building up T4 manus from scratch, and operating a mess of expiring buildings that had piled up in my inventory.

I've been slowly progressing through Elementals research, not intending to really start the guest race stuff, my guest race space is filled with expiring buildings.

I have now hit the point where I am treading water. I've upgraded all my roads and buildings as far as I can. There's still some upgrades left on my T1 manus, but I'm out of population at the moment. I've researched up to and including the first column of techs that require Essence, and I have no Essence. I'm willing to wait on that, in general, but it seems such a shame that one of those waiting-for-Essence techs is residence upgrades. I could be using the rest of my downtime to upgrade residences and therefore upgrade T1 manus if I could get Essences.

Now, I'm planning on Teleporting a Crystal and Gem manu to put in a temporary slum for the upcoming Fellowship Adventure. I've realized that I can temporarily place the Elemental Portal in that empty space first.

My questions, part for confirmation, part for information:

1) Having built my Elemental Portal, I can spend Portal Profit to get Essence. I realize it's not as efficient to do this with a level 1 portal, life's rough.
2) Having gotten Essence, I can unlock Residence Upgrade.
3) Having unlocked Residence Upgrade, I can sell my Portal, and still be able to rebuild it later.

and
4) If I spend additional Portal Profit while the Portal is present, those Essence additional Essence will be available for use later.
5) Will they be available for use after the portal is gone? In a day or so, I'll have the mana to unlock the Province Expansion tech. Can I premake Essence to be able to unlock the Province Expansion tech after I've sold the portal.

Thank you.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
can you post the answers so new players can also learn something? thank you

Sir Derf

Adept
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I did the above already.

I built the Portal, spent the Portal Profits, and unlocked the Residence Upgrade.
I sold the Portal, and the Builder appears to allow me to rebuild it.
My inventory shows that I still have the additional Essences.

I will have to wait until I have rebuilt my Mana to verify that the pre-purchased Essence can be used to unlock other Techs without the Portal.

DeletedUser3571

It should be possible as you can build roads that require guest race resources after selling portal.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I think the answers to all of the above are yes. I'll have to wait for #5...

It is.

The game does not delete your race resources. Try to build a dwarven road, you will see it allows if you had copper/granite left, and as such, with all races. I build more wooden roads (orcs) after selling the portal.