• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered eerie requests

when I enter the game each time I'm greeted by a spooky comment that says "there is treasure in this place" and then it disappears. Is this connected to the Hobby Lobby thing? I do wish I could have some kind of ingame assurance that if I disconnect my adblocker it will only count as a disconnect ingame, and not elsewhere...

Jake65

Sage
The "treasure" is a movie reel icon dropped somewhere around your city.
If you watch it's video you get a reward.

The videos won't play on my PC even with the adblocker disabled.
Works fine on mobile though.

Interesting, Jake. I've been spending equal time between my laptop and this machine, and this is the one that's connected to my email. I'll keep an eye out for it, something tells me i've seen it and ignored it. But oh I do love rewards...=)

Sir Derf

Adept
The comment is similar to that those take place during the events to let you know about currency drops around your city.

I guess ad-based treasure drops will stop during events?

SkyRider99

Mentor
I do wish I could have some kind of ingame assurance that if I disconnect my adblocker it will only count as a disconnect ingame, and not elsewhere...
How much do you want to reduce your computer security? And how much would you trust any such 'assurance'?

Of course there are possibly those players who enjoy tracking cookies being placed on their devices without permission. Other issues too of course, such as privacy, but we won't go there. :rolleyes:

yep. that's what it does. I used the 'bonus' trick for a few weeks, and then realized that I was being bombarded with ads all over youtube. It also took me longer than I like to think about to get my connections straightened out, and they can wave that movie thing at me all they want, I won't touch it again. Granted, you don't have to actually watch the bits (which are usually game promotions for Evony and the like), but it's still invasive as all get out.

I wonder if it would be more popular if we were given an opportunity to choose it to work randomly, at our level of participation rather than that of what Elvenar thinks we want...? Maybe make it work like a rocker switch, so that we could click it off when we chose to. It's become the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving...

addendum: This is supposedly a carefully put together site, it would seem that options like this should BE options, not something that follows you around like a bored puppy, waiting for you to throw the ball throw the ball aw c'mon throw the ball...

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
there is treasure in this place"
Weird thing on my mobile, I'm convinced the wording says "incident" instead of "treasure".
It's too quick to take a screenshot though.
Anybody else noticed this?

SkyRider99

Mentor
Yep, says incident. Watching out for the UFO that crashed …
Nah. It was a weather balloon!

1687078199419.png