• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Diamonds

DeletedUser8776

There should be an in game way to win diamonds, maybe as a chance spin every 5 consecutive days logging on? This would help people without the money to put in progress further and gain more love for this great game.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
+1 on the idea.

and Wishing wells are no more if the last event is anything to go by, i'd like to see how many people actually got one in the carnival event without spending diamonds.
Have Inno done away with the ability to get them as a daily reward in future events now?...no more diamond farms:(

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Wishing wells give free diamonds. Crafting gives you free diamonds. Quest rewards from chapter 7 give free diamonds. Starting the game gives free diamonds. Doing the first 20 startup quests gives free diamonds. Community forum events give free diamonds. Email register gives free diamonds. Everybody gets free diamonds. So thanks to everyone that does waste money on diamonds:p:D

DeletedUser

and Wishing wells are no more if the last event is anything to go by, i'd like to see how many people actually got one in the carnival event without spending diamonds.

In my Beta city, I had no problem wining a wishing well, no diamonds needed.

DeletedUser

Beta doesn't count as they got double the candies before they nerfed em.:p

I didn't notice a difference. I spent them as I got them, so they weren't in my hand long enough to tally, I suppose.

DeletedUser5093

I got one in my Felyndral city during the carnival event, as well as a bonus ferris wheel, monument of ancient knowledge, and trading outpost, and I think I might have got a fair way towards getting another carting library, although never reached it. That probably adds up to 80-90 flags more than what's needed to get the full carnival set. Never purchased diamonds. My strategy was to always pick the chest that gave the most flags per candy, as specified in the table here. Sometimes if there was a daily prize I really wanted I picked a chest that gave a good compromise between flags and daily prize. I also completed all the quests. I didn't do any calculations or keep track of how much bonus candy I picked up from chests, so I don't know if I had above average luck there. Seems plausible that I did. I'm online daily, but don't spend a huge amount of time on this game, so I don't think I would have picked up an unusually large amount of candy from around my city. If anything it's probably a little under average for a daily player.

Not sure if there's anything there that I was doing differently to you, but I hope it helps. Maybe it was just luck, but that's not exactly something we can control for. Good luck in the next event. :)

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
@Thagdal I got a wishing well on EN1, and I picked the chests with the highest chance for daily events. I would not have tried to get one if it had been a daily reward, though. Who wants a wishing well when they could get a elven float instead? :cool:

Back on topic:

No, I do not think that we do need yet another way to get free diamonds, because

Wishing wells give free diamonds. Crafting gives you free diamonds. Quest rewards from chapter 7 give free diamonds. Starting the game gives free diamonds. Doing the first 20 startup quests gives free diamonds. Community forum events give free diamonds. Email register gives free diamonds.

Deleted User - 341074

I think the bigger question might be "Why do you want diamonds?" aside from all of the ways to get free diamonds, there are loads of diamond replacements in the game.
  • To speed up productions or constructions we have Timer Reductions
  • To skip guest race requirements we have Portal Profit instants
  • You can craft better culture buildings than the ones that are available for diamonds
  • You can get far more expansions from the world map than you need to progress
  • There are event buildings that produce more supplies per square than Magic Workshops do
There's really not a whole lot of things that you can do with diamonds that aren't readily available for free with some effort-- which is the definition of a F2P game: Premium currency should make things a little easier, so making the acquisition of premium currency easier doesn't make much sense, does it?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
i did get a wishing well in the carnival event, my point is that there were no daily reward of wishing wells to spam, and hoping this isnt the case going forward.

i use the diamonds i get for free to upgrade the MA, builder hut and premium expansions. nothing else.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
my point is that there were no daily reward of wishing wells to spam, and hoping this isnt the case going forward

There are players having cities on multiple worlds of the same account. Some of them have 20 WWs in each world. Imagine 5 worlds with 20 wishing wells = 100 WWs, each giving 250 diamonds on average = 25,000 diamonds :eek: And no space needed in your main city :cool:

Even if this example is extreme, I believe that you won't win masses of WWs any more.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
well im only speaking for myself, i have 3 wishing wells atm. it will take me a lot longer to get that amount of diamonds:eek:
im at lvl 5 MA, lvl 4 builder and have no premium expansions yet.
maybe they should stop spamming of daily rewards altogether then, 10 frozen shipwrecks and 4 elven floats that is disgusting:p

Deleted User - 341074

I believe that you won't win masses of WWs any more.
This is what I've been thinking as well. Inno didn't see what many players jumped on immediately: the opportunity to create Wishing Well farms.
These are effectively push accounts, and inno can't exactly crack down on these because they cost inno money while they willfully ignore traditional push accounts because those make inno money. So they cut off the flow.

DeletedUser5093

Wishing wells are no more if the last event is anything to go by
Have Inno done away with the ability to get them as a daily reward in future events now?...no more diamond farms:(
There's news on this front, assuming things will work the same as or similar to beta.
Wishing wells are going to be available as the second grand prize in the Easter event. This event has the same format as the Carnival event, so that means to get one you only need 40 feathers (equivalent to the Carnival's flags). To get another you have to cycle through all the other grand prizes, so you will need another 160 feathers for each additional well (20 per grand prize). Most players will find it easy to get 1 well from the grand prizes, but getting more than that will be pretty tricky.

No idea if it will be offered as a daily prize as well. That info will become available as we discover what the daily prizes are. By the time the event hits the live servers we'll likely have an answer.

source