• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships Cleric

Rimella

Adventurer
Hello,

I started a thread earlier on but it was closed because some of my ideas had already been put forward - so I'll start a new thread.

One of the suggestions I have is to create a title in between Mage and Ambassador; some ambassadors do more work than others, or are very well aware of tips regarding all sorts- yet, they do not wish to be promoted as Mage (for instance the responsability of the "expel" button must terrify more than one, I guess!).

I think it would be great if there was a rank, maybe called "Cleric", to give more power to some ambassadors.

They could have, as power, to be able to edit the banner and depiction of the fellowship..

Just an idea.

Rimella

DeletedUser1316

Thank you Rimella for posting a new thread. :)

I have attached the fellowship prefix for you as well.

Regarding the idea, As the fellowships are pretty small (25 members), I have not seen much use for more titles yet. I am not against this idea though. Let's see how the other community members feel. :)

DeletedUser

I've already mentioned I like the idea in your previous thread, so I'll do it here again.

+1

Now as for the "why it's necessary":

Currently there are four titles: Fellow, Ambassador, Mage & Archmage

Fellows and Ambassadors are effectively the same save for the ability of the later to send invites, as well as view and accept applications. That's fine. The next title is Mage. The only differences between a Mage and Archmage however, are that the Archmage can disband the fellowship and must appoint a new Archmage prior to being able to leave the fellowship. So effectively there's the jump from being able to add new members, to being able to do anything within the fellowship except disband it.

As a Mage in our fellowship, I handle incoming applications, seek out potential fellows and send invites, as well as expel inactive members to make room for new fellows. I don't (currently) edit the description or change the banner though.

Perhaps there are some really creative writer's in a fellowship who'd like to update the description every now and again. They should be able to do so, without elevating them to the responsibilities of a Mage with the right to expel others and change titles.

So to expand on this idea a bit and make the fellowship titles a little more unique: what if the Archmage could choose precisely what rights they wish to give members?

Ex.
  • A right to view invites and applications. (might as well be given to all members in my opinion)
  • A right to send invites and accept applications.
  • A right to edit the fellowship description.
  • A right to expel members.
  • A right to change member's titles.
Personally I don't see any need for any fellow to have the right to change the banner, as that should be exclusively for the Archmage. Just my opinion though.

As for titles: These could be used as indications on how many rights a member has?

• Fellow: 0-1 rights
  • Ambassador: 2 rights
  • Cleric: 3 rights
  • Mage: 4-5 rights
Expanding a bit far from the initial suggestion in the OP here... Just food for thought really.

~ Valerius

DeletedUser547

I'll definitely say yes please to this idea also.

There is certainly a major gap in just 3 steps.
It is only 3 titles, the Archmage is the one who 'owns' the fellowship and the only one able to have that title.

The guild I'm a part of has the same issue as the OP, there are some who certainly deserve a title promotion from Ambassador but the Mage title is such a large jump in responsibilities and access, if there was something in between them that had that little extra it would go a long way in showing the appreciation for their contributions.

Rimella

Adventurer
I was just talking to a new member who really is an asset to the fellowship - I made him ambassador - but frankly he has excellent knowledge of gaming such as Elvenar. He is too new to be made mage but compared to my "ordinary" ambassadors (who give opinions and might help once in a blue moon) he has more potential.
I know I thought about introducing a "Cleric" rank in between Mage and Ambassador - Any chance of this happening at all?

DeletedUser1781

I do support this ideea, as there should be a difference between rangs within a Fellowship. At the moment, there is not much differences in regards of rangs. Bigger fellowships (20+ members) have their own intern way to administrate the goods and the members, so I do believe there is needed for a different rang to make the differences. As Valerius said earlier in the post, rangs should be diferentiated by a number of task they can perfon within the Fellowship and also this will provide another open window for the Archmages/Mages to assign different roles to other members (Clerics,Ambassadors).

Well done, Rimella for bringing this into Devs team! ^_^

Rimella

Adventurer
Ah... looking at the forum, how do people think about introducing a rank in between Mage and Ambassador which gives a specific title.
For instance a cleric would have a "job description" depending on the forte s/he would have in their gaming (Tips, Forum, Database...)
I know the Moderator said to gauge the opinion of others. Thanks Valerius, Jim and Alex for supporting my views. Anyone else?