• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[City] Main Hall coin "overflow"

DeletedUser358

This occurs when I collect coins from my Main Hall and am close to the coin cap.
Lets say I'm at 565,5000 total gold and my Main Hall has 114,000 gold for me to collect.
When I click on it, it gives me 45,000 gold to fill up to my maximum of 5700k and the rest 69k is lost instead of appearing as a grey coin above the hall. (The way residences work)

If I don't keep a close eye on the cap, I end up losing a hefty amount of gold daily.

Thanks,
NecroDee..

Deleted User - 50840

Residences works in the same way. If you have 10K left before hitting your cap then pick up coins from a single residence that has 20K the storage will be filled and the "overflow" lost. Then all other residences (and main hall) that has coins for pickup will be greyed out. It happens the same even when you are collecting via the click and drag method. The game sees every residence collected as a seperate event (miliseconds apart) and as such will stop collecting coins if the storage is full even when you think you have collected all your residences.

The main hall is "considered" a residence and works in the same way when it comes to collecting coins. For ex. You have 50K left before reaching your cap and you pick up 5 residences with 11K and the main hall with say 114K via the click and drag method starting with the residences and ending with the main hall then your main hall's coins will be greyed as the first 5 residences filled the storage.

I hope my explanation helps :) as I has also lost a lot of coins in the past from the main hall and experimented to see what works and what doesn't.

DeletedUser358

Makes sense, which means both are bugs (or if intended, then they really need to change that) and both are extremely annoying!

Deleted User - 50840

(or if intended, then they really need to change that)
IMO it IS intended as having it that the overflow returns (so to say) to the residence/main hall will mean a big increase in coding and memory usage. A feasible alternative would be for any residence/main hall with enough coins to overfill the storage be greyed out as soon as they reach that "overfill" amount and become collectable when coins are used.
extremely annoying!
Lol... Now THAT is stating it mildly... I would be banned from the forum if I said how I REALLY felt about it and the number of times that I have shouted some very colorful words at my computer screen!

DeletedUser462

I also think it's one of those details that you cannot predict in the initial game design concepts. So after the developers themselves find the case they would usually offer different options how to handle the use case and often, for the sake of meeting certain deadlines, the person in charge chooses the quickest one.

I mean, enough with my theory :), this looks like working as intended so maybe it's a better idea to leave this thread here and post it as an improvement idea in the Ideas and Suggestions section where they can eventually move it forward to development.

I think there's no real need for me to mention that we all could only benefit if this gets a green light.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

There is supposed to be a reminder to the player that the last clicking of residences to collect coins or collection of rewards would overflow and have a loss of coins.

Maybe we are in different servers?

Deleted User - 50840

There is supposed to be a reminder to the player that the last clicking of residences to collect coins or collection of rewards would overflow and have a loss of coins.
I have played on 3 different servers so far (including the beta) and there is NOT and have NEVER been a reminder when collecting coins from residences or the main hall. There IS a reminder when you complete a quest and the reward is more than you have space for in your storage. There is also a reminder when you do NH and the amount of coins/supplys will cause "overflow"

DeletedUser358

The reminder always comes in when you are completing quests, however, there is no such reminder at all when collecting from your residences and workshops.

And I completely agree Duke Avatar...I did it again today (clicked to collect 517k from my main hall only to actually "bank" 28k)
I literally screamed, wifey was not too thrilled with me.

ELVENAR STAFF PLEASE FIX THIS!

DeletedUser3

Dear all,

This is indeed not a bug, but would be more than welcome as a suggestion in our Ideas and Suggestions section. I'll therefore move this thread over there so this conversation can be continued in the proper place :)

Deleted User - 13667

Oh yes, my mistake. Mistook the reminder for supplies for coins.

This could be added to solve the situation since it is already in the game, just not for coins yet.

Attachments

• 125.JPG
    125.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 92

DeletedUser358

You get the same dialog for coins when you do it via quests.

Deleted User - 13667

I meant we could have the same in-game pop up for the collections. Should have been more specific