• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[City] Future Game Expansion

DeletedUser

What if there was an underground level to the game with dungeon creatures and more room to expand one's city? What if when the dwarves leave they accidentally leave behind a hole blasted into the mountain on the northeast side of the game map that leads to the underground? What if there was another level that floated above the ground with access at the top of that same mountain? I would be interested in hearing some thoughts from others on this topic.

DeletedUser235

Interesting idea, indeed, to have an underground expansion.

DeletedUser330

Well, why not tie it into actual expansions?

I've noticed that the expansion grid only goes so far... so like, if you've got so many expansions you've used up all available space, or if you simply want to keep expanding which will take you into that area with no grid on it, then you can have an option of doing so... but at a cost.

The cost would be you have to fight an army. Base the fight on the same system as a province battle, but against some other creature/s never seen before.

DeletedUser330

Addition, you can't really go to the East or North as there's cliffs and mountains... but South there's a wooded area.

Maybe take a leaf out of Tolkien and have a Spider Army hiding in those woods or something.

DeletedUser66

With an up and down button on the side of the map to switch between the two levels.

Yes yes yes!!!!

Why expand sideways when you can expand underground ...

DeletedUser358

I agree, more expansions will have to go either underground or or another map.
As it stands, the cities are already VERY laggy to most player base and more expansions on the current map will only add more problems.

DeletedUser

There is now only really room for one, possibly two rows of expansions to the soutwest of the existing space, southeast is now kind of blocked by the cliff along that side.

Expanding underground/to another map could be interesting, although care would have to be taken on how the maps would connect, and the effect of road connections to the map connection point being broken. Does the entirety of the second map shut down for example?

DeletedUser235

Also, it could allow the creation of an underground world map, doubling the game in size and allowing the creation of other races, like orcs, trolls, goblins.