• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Changing Negotiation costs?

Sir Derf

Adept
So, early on it was necessary for me to pick and choose the encounters on the map that I could and could not afford, so I've keeping a spreadsheet of the negotiation costs on all available encounters. That hasn't been necessary for quite a while, but I still do it.

I'm now in Chapter 15, and I'm working on the 16th ring of provinces on my map, so it's something like 60 provinces in the perimeter. I just noticed that the negotiation costs on my oldest open provinces are now about 15% lower than when I wrote them down after first scouting. I don't recall having noticed this happening before. I thought that the negotiation quantities were fixed when I scouted the province. What have I overlooked?

cwgiii

Shaman
I do the same thing but have noticed slight changes in the opposite direction. The amounts are not significant but they do change over time.

Far Reach

Conjurer
The average negotiation costs (and also enemy troop size) depend directly on the scouting cost. The Advanced Scouting Tech reduces this scouting cost, and presumably retrospectively changes the negotiation costs at the same time (although I've never checked this).