• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Change Ancient Wonders to use boosted *goods*, not boosted *relics* on upgrade

Jixel

Spellcaster
I'm sure this idea is too late, but maybe it can influence the design of the next round of AWs with the next guest race.

Currently:
When upgrading AWs to levels 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10, relics are used from non-boosted and boosted goods.

Using relics from boosted goods seems counter to everything the game "teaches" players about the importance of boosted goods and gaining a good boost rate. Only one AW (Mountain Halls) gives any boosts back for your goods.

My suggestion - AW upgrades should use :
Non-boosted relics (as they currently do)
Boosted Goods (not relics)

The quantities of boosted goods to be used could be reasonably large so that players have to save up for a while, e.g. 50,000 or 100,000, but this would be far better than the permanent non-recoverable reduction in boosted good production that currently comes with AWs.

Example:
Upgrading a level 1 Crystal Lighthouse to level 2.
Current cost (if you have Elixir boost):1 Magic Dust relic, 2 Gem relics, 4 Elixir relics
Proposed cost (same Elixir boost): 1 Magic Dust relic, 2 Gem relics, 50,000 Elixir

Deleted User - 13667

+1. but how are the game developers going to do about those who have already built all these AW with relics?

Jixel

Spellcaster
@s5carrot - as I said, it's too late for the current Elven/Human/Dwarven AWs, but I'm hoping they can bring some consistency to the design for the next round of AWs (fairies or whatever), and stop hitting the boosted relics !

@Slotharingia - that would work too, I always assume that if we ask for too much, they'll just ignore it, so I put in a compromise :)