• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Catch 22! Please help!

DeletedUser

Ok, so I am starting level three of an elf city. I need a silk, scrolls and crystal factory to move on once I have collected 60 knowledge points at the beginning of this level but this requires a population of 289 but I have none available! I have several houses ready to up grade to level 8 (superior residences) which will give me more population but can’t do that until I am on the second stage of level 3 but again this requires products from a silk and crystal factory!
Any idea how I can solve this catch 22, please? Feel like my game play/elf city is rapidly coming to a grinding holt!
I was told in a previous post that had I been building a human city, I would have had the option to up grade my residences to the superior level in level 2 so why do people building an elf city have to get in to level three to do this? Seems very unfair!
Many thanks in advance for any advice.

DeletedUser1829

The 2 different races have slight variations in techs and building levels. Humans get 4 levels of basic while elves get 3 for residences but other buidlings will vary which favour the elves. I know at some point the human residences need goods they don't have access to in the tech tree, elves don't have that issue. It tends to even out and by the guest races it gets much more even (identical).

Focus on boosted goods only and trade for the other goods. Your boost % I would guess is 200% (maybe) which means 1 boosted factory is significantly more valuable to you then a non boost. It costs you the same cost of coins and supplies but you get free goods with the boost. This will save you a lot of space and population and get you more goods.

It is also worthwhile looking into ideas on how to maximise the space you have, boosted factories are 1 part of that.

DeletedUser

Trading with others. Will do.
Problem with building more houses is I don’t have the room. If I do build more I have nowhere to put the factories. So definitely catch 22!
I have absolutely no idea about my boost. How do I find out about that, please?
Sure I saw a pop up about buying 400 population (with real money ) but can’t find it now!
Thank you.

Deleted User - 106219

You can check you boost in the Main Hall (second tab) or on the World Map (the ! button).

If you don't have the room for new houses you also won't have the room for upgrading your current ones, as the upgrades will require extra space.

DeletedUser5976

Removing unboosted tire 1 goods factories will give you both population and space to build a boosted tire 2 factory, produce that and trade for the other stuff you need. Joining a fellowship will help you trade easier if your neighbours aren't very active (mine for example aren't).

DeletedUser

Trading with others. Will do.
Problem with building more houses is I don’t have the room. If I do build more I have nowhere to put the factories. So definitely catch 22!
I have absolutely no idea about my boost. How do I find out about that, please?
Sure I saw a pop up about buying 400 population (with real money ) but can’t find it now!
Thank you.
You can't just "buy" population as such, it would probably mean a magic house, pop/culture and both of those options require space.

I've just had a quick look at your city and its as has already been said:

you're boosted in planks, scrolls and dust - but you have 7 marble, 5 steel and 4 planks in your city, if you sell off your non-boosted (marble and steel), then you won't have a population issue at all.

If you are only a casual player then your current FS probably suits you, however if you're logging in every day etc then you may find that it doesn't meet your needs and you'd be better off in a more active one. Most active FS ask that you only have boosted goods factories and trade for the non-boosted because your city will have room to grow and you won't be using space, gold, supplies, population, culture to produce goods which will only ever be produced at base rate, whereas your boosted goods can get up to 700% just from collecting the appropriate relics.

DeletedUser5528

Like everyone else said, you're not in a "catch 22". Don't be silly. You're simply totally playing the game wrong. Only build your boosted goods. Tear down your non-boosted good buildings immediately. Trade for the other goods. And the sooner the better because they're totally destroying you. Look at other players cities if you don't believe us. They only have several of their boosted goods buildings. Non-boosted goods waste tons and tons of population, supplies and gold to make them, and space. Also, the more relics you get of your boosted goods the higher percentage your boost will be. It goes all the way up to 700%! Non-boosted good relics do not help you like that. All's they're good for is getting spells at the Magic Academy. If you notice, to get a spell at your Magic Academy, it always costs your non-boosted good relics. That because the game is assuming you're playing correctly.

cwgiii

Shaman
Like everyone else said, you're not in a "catch 22". Don't be silly. You're simply totally playing the game wrong.

Now, now, now. No need to be accusatory. There simply are an infinite number of ways to play the game. Some folks play for the looks of the structures, not for their function. Some players use military units, others are pacifist. Some weekly, daily, hourly. There is no "right" way to play. Part of the game is find YOUR own path.

Tips and tricks are welcome, I am sure. Finger pointing and bullying is so unattractive.

DeletedUser

Wow, that stung, Eversor! I actually didn’t think I was being silly, until you said I was! I am a completely new player to this kind of game and would be the first person to admit I really don’t understand all the ins and outs of it but thought I was playing it ok, albeit as a pacifist (I have the Armory, Barracks and Training Ground simply because I assumed I had to?) And I was really enjoying playing it until you posted your message!

So thank goodness for Cwgiii and all your very helpful comments! I don’t feel so bad now and will carry on playing the way I was previously enjoying, taking all the helpful advice on board.

Thank you every one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

I've just had a quick look at your city and its as has already been said:

Hmm, a little off topic, but how do you find a forum poster's city? If you know which world they're in you can of course search for their name but is there a way to find them if you don't know which world they're in?

Sorry again for the off topic question.