• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Arranging Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser4211
  • Start date

DeletedUser4211

Hello devs good day. I would like to suggest that there be an option that we can arrange our buildings more easily in game. It would be better if there would be an option that we can pick up all buildings and then put them back one by one instead of deleting buildings just so I can arrange my city as I desire. You can put it that only premium users can use it or such. I would not mind spending a bit to make arranging my city more easily.

Disclaimer:
I'm a noob in this game, so if there is an option stated above, please enlighten me and have patience. Thank you very much.

cwgiii

Shaman
Welcome to the game Mercyrl,

This is an idea that has been suggested in a few different ways over time. However, the response from the devs is that this will not happen. Some of their points have been that part of the challenge in the game is to figure out the balance between building structures and reserving space, planning out what you need for the next goal and strategically building (or not building) in order to make it there. They also argue that at the end of every age, we get rid of the guest race structures and that opens up a lot of space to be able to do wholesale rearranging.

It is really hard in the beginning, but I personally keep two expansions open at all times to be able to make those impromptu moves. I use the elven architect program heavily to be able to plan things out, and find those elusive hidden spaces that get lost behind and between structures. see the link below:
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/

Of course, there is always hope that the devs will come around, but....

Hope this helps.

Chuck

DeletedUser4211

Hi Chuck,

Thank you very much for giving me some insights regarding my suggestion. You're right, as a newbie it is difficult for me to arrange and find space for all my buildings. Thank you for the link you provided, I will look at it later today and see what I can do. Again, thank you very much.

Cheers.

Kyrl

DeletedUser3097

Hi @MercyrL,

Good question which has often been asked! And an equally good answer @cwgiii!

One way I use to re-arrange is to delete all lower level roads, then move all the buildings up to create and space. Then i can re-build everything using higher level roads. I do it this way because I often find lower level roads hidden behind buildings.