• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Armies and Ancient Wonders

DeletedUser

Hi,

Armies (barracks, upgrades)
I've seen a people saying armies become useless later on, and I am wondering whether there is any point in upgrading barracks when this is the case as it ends up being a waste of space and population when one cannot delete them. Is it advisable to leave these at the level they are instead of "wasting" culture, space and population on them that could better be invested in manufacturies?

Ancient Wonders

If one were to unlock elven/human ancient wonders, would one then only collect items that pertain to the elven ones or also the dwarf ones when completing provinces, or does one only start collecting the dwarf ones once one has unlocked those specific wonders?

DeletedUser

• You'll get Elven/Human Rune Shards as soon as you've unlocked the Ancient Wonders tech at the end of chapter IV.
  • You'll ALSO get Dwarven Rune Shards as soon as you've unlocked the Ancient Wonders tech at th end of chapter VI.
Armies are useless only in the sense that you've temporarily outclassed yourself. As soon as you unlock a couple more military techs you'll be competitive again, so your down time is actually the BEST time to be upgrading your military buildings.

DeletedUser

Thanks. So if you save broken shards from the first wonder wave, can they be used for the dwarven ones? I'm nowhere near this yet, just wondering.

What about the battles for people at the end of the tech tree? I've seen people say it's impossible to win them due to being ridiculously outnumbered. Does that mean you've expanded beyond what the game "wants" and thus should concentrate on other things until further army upgrades are added?

DeletedUser

I know that. However, if the battles become impossible due to the max unit size and number comparative to the max unit size and number of the enemy, where you are always outnumbered to such a degree that you cannot win, you will automatically end up negotiating. I think that is the issue that some people posting here have been suggesting.