• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Are there too many changes coming to the Elvenar game?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1832
  • Start date

Do you think there are too many unnecessary changes in Elvenar?

• Strongly agree! And the Devs should share their future game vision with us!

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Strongly agree!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It does not matter to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave the Devs alone! They are doing just fine...

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

DeletedUser1832

I represent a fanatical group of lovers of Elvenar - as anyone will see if they visit our Facebook group, or look at all our videos!
:)
I have played many Browser Games, and generally I think that this is a very well designed game. And many of the recent changes have been well-considered.

But I wonder if the Development Team realise how much they are, unintentionally, upsetting people?
They still have not given a GOOD reason why it was necessary to change the wholesaler!

16387403_10208317291270539_7227762466086234178_n.jpg

A large number of my players feel that it was working perfectly well - and the changes have not helped make it better in any way at all. They feel it is worse now, without benefit!
You can look at this thread if you want to see some of the minor rebellion it has caused!
(I have deleted quite a few offensive comments!!)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/165...tif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1486065623297957

What is lacking for all of us, I believe, is an insight into the Devs long-term plan for the game. If they told us where they were going, it would make individual changes much easier to understand, if one could see them as part of a bigger picture!

Now the changes are arriving will-he, nill-he every few weeks - and they force us to change the way we play.
And because we do not understand the need for change - we throw our toys out the cot and have a temper tantrum, and threaten to leave the game and never return!

16299485_10208317301710800_3534207984548551357_n.jpg

There are a lot of retired or disabled people playing Elvenar: elderly, bereaved, lonely, sick and suffering from debilitating diseases. Just in my fellowships I have several who are severely depressed, two on chemotherapy who must face the real possibility of death every day, and one with a degenerative muscular condition who needs physiotherapy every day.
Those are the tip of the ice-berg; the ones I know of. I am sure there are many, many more.
This is the general pattern for browser games; healthy active young people are generally out there in the real world...
So there are many, many people who come to the game for solace - for a pleasant distraction from the unpleasantness of real life.
As they grow to feel competent at the game, it gives them a feel-good - so if the Devs keep pulling the carpet from under their feet every few weeks, they can never settle to just enjoy it; they constantly need to keep learning a new style.

A very larger number of my players DO NOT WANT THAT!
They do not want everything to keep changing; they would like to settle down and play the way they know for months at a time.
They would like to wake up in the morning and click the buttons mindlessly; placing a building here and starting a few factory runs; catering and fighting a few encounters.
They do not want to have to start all over again, regularly, learning how to play all over again!
They would like a break from the endless repetition of game changes; they would like to play the game they know, the way they know - without having to relearn it every three weeks.
They would like a 'holiday from change'; they would like the game to stay the same for several months!

Are the Devs aware of all this?

I wish we could pass it on to them!

Posted on behalf of JackLuyt

DeletedUser2886

the wholesaler was still far too expensive before the change, its just that now its ridiculous level of no thanks. for me look at this...

offer: 250 magic dust
cost: 1 million coins (rounded up)

250 magic dust will literally do nothing for me. one encounter in a province asks for more that that, so does a building upgrade. I can make 550 elixir in 3 hours for 33k coins so basically can get 500 dust in 3 hours. It costs me more than 30 times this amount in the wholesaler. I literally have no clue why they are doing this but it's bad.

My coin capacity is 4 million coins (rounded down) and they expect me to use 1/4 of my total coin capacity for such a measly amount of dust. Not now, not ever. Also the price rise is a joke its like 50% every time.