• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Are all events once a year like holidays?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 2077221
  • Start date

Deleted User - 2077221

So I deleted my level 8 Grand Golem. I thought it wasn't worth it because I would never be able to get the free troops. Only now I'm reading about Mana now that I'm almost done with Orcs and I feel like I made a huge mistake.

Will the next chance be a year after the last event or even longer?

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Enneth : The only Evolving Buildings which have been offered more than once (via repeated Events) are the three different 'old' 2019 Phoenix and Bear buildings, although at least one other past-Event Evolving Building (the 2020 Festive May Tree) is still available as a Level 1 'base' in the Crafting Menu, and for some time before now a number of older Event-sourced Evolving Building 'bases' (now removed) were also similarly available via Crafting, even though neither the May Tree nor any previous Craftable Evolving Building 'bases' were accompanied by any Craftable or otherwise in-game obtainable Artifacts (and so could not be evolved unless one already had previous Event-sourced Artifacts for them stored in Inventory).

It's not impossible, therefore, that the Wise Golem Level 1 'base' might, likewise, be added to the Crafting Menu (or may even already be in the rotation, but invisible to me because I have the building placed in my City), but even if so, it's not likely that its Artifacts would also be provided by any in-game method, since Artifacts for Evolving Buildings have never appeared in Crafting or anywhere else in-game outside of their respective Events.

The 'old' Phoenix Artifacts (as well as Artifacts for Stonehenge, the Evolving Building from the 2019 Summer Solstice Event, which was not repeated this year) were put on sale in 'packs' of three Artifacts for £75 on Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2019, and it's also true that all three 'old' Bear bases plus 'packs' of their Artifacts (and Moon Bear Artifacts as well) are currently being offered for sale, for the first time, to players (? some or all) who place and fully evolve this year's Moon Bear, but no other Evolving Building or its Artifacts have, so far, been offered for cash sale in this way. Of course, this may change in future, but that would just be speculation on my part.

As for why the Phoenix/Bear buildings, and their necessary Artifacts, have been offered more than once via the Event route, this is probably because - while all Evolving Buildings have various advantages depending upon your playstyle and level of advancement - the 2019 Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear in particular have largely been considered, since their release, to be the most powerful Combat-boosting buildings in the game, with many players regarding them as virtually essential for Combat-focused and/or competitive players. This is probably why these two specific buildings have been treated differently, albeit with their 'old/original' Artifacts being available only via time-limited and randomly appearing Crafting Recipes which consume two 'new' Artifacts for each 'old' Artifact the player wishes to gain. No 'Artifact conversion' system for any other Evolving Buildings has yet been seen.

In fact, it seems likely that the very wide appeal of the Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear - as well as the now-greater appeal of the Tournament time-shortening Polar Bear (due to the new Tournament system) - is also the reason why the Spring/Easter (Phoenix) and Autumn Zodiac (Bear) Events themselves have been repeated at all, since other Events now appear to be one-offs in terms of their themes, unlike the Phoenix/Zodiac Events, so far.

I am not sufficiently advanced in-game to know whether the Wise Golem offers a particularly good amount of Mana per square, but even if it does, there are other (originally Event-only) non-Evolving Buildings which do offer Mana at known-good rates, available year-round via Crafting and often also via Fellowship Adventures - so it's likely that you will be able to replace the Golem with other, probably comparable (or perhaps even superior?) Mana-producing buildings quite soon, whether or not the Wise Golem may be offered again at some future point.

Hope this helps... :)

Pauly7

Magus
So I deleted my level 8 Grand Golem. I thought it wasn't worth it because I would never be able to get the free troops. Only now I'm reading about Mana now that I'm almost done with Orcs and I feel like I made a huge mistake.
Personally, I think you did make a mistake. The free troops are a very small part of what this building offers. When you are able to get a regular supply of tools and T3 goods that are free - i.e. you actually get extra population and culture rather than a reduction - along with the mana, plus that handful of Mages, then it becomes well worth the space it is standing on. Also, you do get some troops at level 8 right?

It is probably quite unlikely we will ever see this building offered again, but it could happen. You never know.

FieryArien

Necromancer

In my opinion IF you made a mistake, it wasn’t a big one.
Buildings show huge jump in stats from Orcs to Woodelves chapter. (Almost) Everything becomes obsolete, if you don’t upgrade it with Royal Restoration spell. (That’s not true for other chapters! The good buildings can last several chapters.) During this specific chapter change I usually cleansed my city and only invested RR spells into the best or favorite buildings. And during the first event after starting Woodelves I tried to get enough mana producing buildings to get me through the chapter. I wish you there’ll be good mana producing building as daily special during next event. ;-)

BlueBlou

Illusionist
What is done, is done. We will get other event buildings in the future that will provide you with mana as part of the product, if that is what you are worried about most. Most of the buildings that will give you t3+1 now, will become mana buildings if you get them in the mana level chapters. Will we get something with the exact combinations as the evolving golem, extremely unlikely, but we may get something better, or not.

A 16 tile footprint building is also something that is hard to perpetually upgrade with RR as you go from chapter to chapter as it needs so many. Careful choices you have to make about which ones you actually do want to upgrade.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Enneth if you have only just done this deletion, please raise a support ticket.
On another note it could have been far worse you may have deleted a Fire Phoenix or a Brown Bear instead.

Gargon667

Mentor

I would say a lvl 8 evolving building (with the 3 normal exceptions of course) isn´t all that important either way. I would guess the building would have served you alright for a while, but no biggie. it would probably not have been worth the resources to upgrade it into Woodelves anyway and once you reach Woodeleves you want to delete everything from before the chapter anyway. Just get new stuff then!

OldHag

Necromancer
@Enneth don't feel too bad, it's not the end of the world........unlike my deleting most of my 2 bear families, a couple of months ago (2*Polar bears - level 9 and level 1 - and 1 Panda bear level 6 - and now of course I'm heartbroken (lol). If only I'd have known that Moon Bear was going to turn up this year and I would be able to convert new artefacts into old and very likely have 2 level 9 beautiful fully grown bear sets I would never have deleted them. I loved them bears.....lol ;)

Deleted User - 2077221

@Enneth if you have only just done this deletion, please raise a support ticket.
On another note it could have been far worse you may have deleted a Fire Phoenix or a Brown Bear instead.

Truth be told I did the deletion over a month ago. I can no longer remember if I did it for the gold or the spell fragments but I know I was still in the chapter before Orcs and didn't bother to look things up at the time thinking since it was an easy event for me I could just get it again later this avoiding the 16 RR cost of upgrading if I wanted it again. >_<

A 16 tile footprint building is also something that is hard to perpetually upgrade with RR as you go from chapter to chapter as it needs so many. Careful choices you have to make about which ones you actually do want to upgrade.

This was actually something I considered because my Fellowship only gets 2 of the upgrade instants a week. I thought "there's no way I'm gonna wait 8 weeks to have the upgrades for one event building so it'll be worthless" but a little more patient now. Also I didn't realize the slim chance of the relics being offered again. At the time I thought only really strong buildings like Brown Bear and Fire Phoenix instants wouldn't be offered again.

The only Evolving Buildings which have been offered more than once (via repeated Events) are the three different 'old' 2019 Phoenix and Bear buildings, although at least one other past-Event Evolving Building (the 2020 Festive May Tree) is still available as a Level 1 'base' in the Crafting Menu, and for some time before now a number of older Event-sourced Evolving Building 'bases' (now removed) were also similarly available via Crafting, even though neither the May Tree nor any previous Craftable Evolving Building 'bases' were accompanied by any Craftable or otherwise in-game obtainable Artifacts (and so could not be evolved unless one already had previous Event-sourced Artifacts for them stored in Inventory).

This is pretty sad to read. But since they offered the brown Bear again with this event I will hold out as hope for the future.

Ty to everyone for your replies. The building was either level 7 or level 8. I want to say 8 but I may have been wrong. I just know I thought because I wouldn't ever get the "max anount" of units it would be "bad". Really underappreciated the goods.

Pauly7

Magus
It's probably true what people are saying about transitioning to the Woodelves chapter. Stats get increased massively at that point so a lot of people will ditch all their stuff and rebuild.

Still, it doesn't mean people should necessarily get rid of all their best buildings. Recently, event won buildings have been getting worse and worse. I have plenty of buildings still, that I had before Woodelves and I'm very glad to have kept them. It would be gutting to have deleted all the great set-buildings of yesteryear, for example, thinking that they can just be replaced later on.

Right now it seems that evolving buildings are quite disposable. A new one will appear every month and many have very similar stats. There could come a time though, maybe a year from now, when we're being given stuff that is much much worse and people will wish they kept them all.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I personally am a hoarder in Elvenar. With a very full inventory as I don't part with anything much, especially when it comes to event buildings and artifacts. I figure the few minutes it takes to trawl through is nothing compared to the regret of getting rid of something I should have clung on to.