• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Allocated space for races. Is this enough?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Hi,

I like to do the planning beforehand and right now I am in dwarves (12 granite, 6 copper). I plan to have this space for all races (including the adjacent ones to purchase, as seen in the image.)

enough-space.jpg

Will that be enough for all races, or should I leave more room?
FItkxYKlolB

Thanks!

Timneh

Artisan
If you take a look on elvengems.com website and look at the guest race guides it will tell you how much space will be needed for the guest race although it is aimed at players that are going to follow the quest for the guest race so a little less would probably work as well if you did not do the quests.

DeletedUser8409

Hi,

I like to do the planning beforehand and right now I am in dwarves (12 granite, 6 copper). I plan to have this space for all races (including the adjacent ones to purchase, as seen in the image.)
No, not all races, just Dwarves. But that proportion of your city should be fine.

As you progress through the chapters you'll unlock more expansions - both via research [typically 2 per chapter until later on] and via scouting and completing provinces. As a rule of thumb if you dedicate a quarter of your space to the guest races then you'll do fine.

It also depends upon whether you intend to use PP instants or not. If you use PPs then largely you can complete the chapters via just building Portals so need less space. When I did most of the chapters PPs didn't exist and when they did I chose not to use them until Constructs as I enjoy doing the chapters and I think using them takes something away from the game, your choice. Good advice is to save your instants for the Orcs chapter since that is a universal pain and Woodelves gets you much better prizes. If you want to do chapters without PPs then ElvenGems.com gives great advice as to how much space you need for each individual chapter.- My preference which is rather unique is to dedicate more space to each chapter than the guide gives.

AstralSoul

Illusionist

Right now, I was using provinces (I am at 141 though) for me, and in the research tree for the races.

I only used one 10% and one 33% to get the portal to level four, and I planned that for each chapter. I neither want to rush through the chapters, but I am the type of "Main Hall / Portal First" to max. I have 12 of the 33% and 4 of the 10% (plus a bunch of others that I will save for orcs, I heard indeed they are a pain).

Edit: Only building the portal is something I wouldn't do... you miss all the fun with that, takes away the whole purpose of these chapters.

Initially, I thought that it would be all the way down, but seeing it is not necessary, I might make that entire perimeter. I have a road on each end, to build the next portal before tossing the first one (not sure if the game will allow me), I recently researched copper, so I will still be for a while with these dwarven folk. (No rush neither, not the rushing type.)

I am a max-culture (170% + spells) player though. It takes a toll on space (good thing all these buildings with population too.)

Neither I am adding cultural buildings in the races' area, so the transition from one to the next is smooth, nothing essential in the way hehe.

Last edited: