• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Advanced Scouts fail?

DeletedUser93

OK if I am reading in research the Advanced scouts, when activated it should significantly reduce the cost of scouting. As a test, just before activation, went to the world, recorded 3 cities each needing 14,000 to scout. Then immediately after activation, rechecked them and the price had not dropped at all. As a precaution, I then did a log out then back in, in case that might be needed, no change to price. So, am I reading something wrong in to this declaration of reduced costs? or is there actually a bug that is not reducing it as it should? I'll need a couple other players reaching this stage to also do an before and after like I did and report their results please to confirm this.

DeletedUser23

Hmm anecdotal but I didn't notice much of a drop like I did on the Beta servers either. I just ignored it though and carried on; I'm used to seeing bigger numbers from Beta so I assumed I'd misread, but maybe it is a bug?

DeletedUser

When i research advance scouts i see the differences,U r sure is the same province what u check before and it;s not another one?And please tell us if now when u log in u have the same problem,cuz i play with some friends and they didnt have this problem,and belive me we are verry focused to find bug and other stuffs to report them :)

DeletedUser7

Apologies for the late response, Wyldewood, and thanks for reporting this to us.

The amount you need to scout a province does decrease after you unlock that particular research, although the decrease isn't too big. If you have scouted a difference province (province B) or a few provinces in the meantime, you may have seen the same costs for province A before and after you unlocked the research.

To clarify that - let's say you look at province A and the cost is 14,000. Instead you decide to scout province B for now and this increases the costs for scouting province A. Because the costs go up with each province, the costs for province A would now be 15,000 or more. But you have not seen this increase because you have not finished scouting province B. You manage to unlock the research which puts the province A costs back to the amount you saw previously. You finish scouting province B and you check on the costs for province A and it seems like there is no difference.

I cannot say for sure that this was the case in question, though it is possible. We will look into this to ensure there is no issue, although it may take a while to test a particular situation of the same type.

DeletedUser7

Apologies for the late response. Thanks to Zarok Dai we were able to test this and confirm there is no issue with the drop in scouting costs before/after researching advanced scouts.