• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ad's now freezing on PC

m4rt1n

Adept
As my title says, Hobby Room ad loaded with a 6 second countdown and just sat there, nothing I could do to get out of it except a full reload of the game.

After a full reload, the same ad appeared and played normally giving the boost.

dennise

Soothsayer
I've had that problem for days, usually with the city treasure ad but also builder and research. Sometimes I try it several times without success and finally give up for a while. It's a real pain having to exit the game all the time. Sometimes it runs an ad and then tells me the ad didn't run because it was over the limit. I still get the occasional message to deactivate ad blocker (which is not activated) and the a few seconds later it will run an ad with no problems. There are definitely a few bugs in the system.

SkyRider99

Immortal
There are definitely a few bugs in the system.
I suspect you are correct @dennise. For my part I wouldn't be upset if the bugs extended to making the Hobby (Knobby?) Room disappear entirely. :p

I do however acknowledge that a considerable number of players appear to be enjoying this new feature.

1687645624924.png

m4rt1n

Adept
I suspect you are correct @dennise. For my part I wouldn't be upset if the bugs extended to making the Hobby (Knobby?) Room disappear entirely. :p

I do however acknowledge that a considerable number of players appear to be enjoying this new feature.

View attachment 7540

I wouldn't go as far as enjoying, given the 80% boost is on base production, so superb for a chapter 1-5 city but at ch 20 equates to around 3%.

m4rt1n

Adept
Ad's are freezing again today on PC, each time all I can do it a full refresh.

m4rt1n

Adept
Will add here it was the ad's for Vodaphone that froze, all the others are working.

dennise

Soothsayer
I now have a new bug on ads. There's a long delay after I press watch and the ad appears after I've moved on to something else. The other bugs are still there. It looks like RNG to me.

dennise

Soothsayer
@m4rt1n I think Inno has put the ad problems in the too hard basket. We are getting more problems instead of fewer. I wonder how many prizes I've lost because of faulty ads. I know I'm missing out on builder bonuses.