• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A poll for choosing a path in FAs

DeletedUser6046

How about a voting box with three options at the beginning of each stage of a FA.

Option 1: Orange path
Option 2: Blue path
Option 3: Green path

The stage will start and go on with all paths by default without waiting for the poll. Once one of the three options in the poll gains 50% of the votes (13 players in a 25 player FS) the other two paths get locked. At the next stage the poll is reset.

For example, in a FS of 25 players, people agreed in messages and chat to take the orange path in stage 1. Then they go to the poll and choose Option 1 (Orange path) and the other two paths get locked. If there is no agreement (no option gets 50% of the votes) then all three paths remain unlocked until the stage is completed. This will help a lot the coordination of FAs.

DeletedUser6471

Except it entirely defeats half the point of the FA: to get to the end AND to gain as many points as possible along the way

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
The biggest problem i find .. when an FA looms is getting fellows to look at the info to hand and understand the issues (many thanks to Elvenar game forum info and Gems of Knowledge/Platinum leaf for the info they provide) but most newbies don't know about Fellowship Adventures or have done events before (and think they are the same sorta thing) or they have done FA before and hated it/loved it BUT its not the same each time.

Imo .. its way to easy to just wander into this challenge with no prior understanding/commitment/direction. A poll sounds democratic but it doesn't address those problems and also please bear in mind that there are many alts in this game and they may have their own reasons for doing what they do.

I would like to see more ingame fellowship control over paths and tools to help navigate this challenge in a way that helps teamspirit and not tears it apart.

This is aside from all the other comments i've made about ways to improve it .. like lengthening the number of days, reducing badge numbers and making end stage prizes better.

I realise this type of event takes development time and it needs merged with other initiatives but there has already been a lot done on this ... a bit more might take it from being a rat run to a pleasurable journey

DeletedUser6271

this was my second FA - the first I had near no idea what a FA was or anything. I certainly understand the above regarding noobs etc - HOWEVER!!! in the true nature of teamwork, not only is communication key within the FS but also what to communicate - is there not some level of responsibility of the wiser to pass knowledge down to the not so wiser (communication) - and this includes the information regarding the FA and of course where to obtain more information.

on my first FA i made heaps of mistakes and to me, it's not about just producing a bunch of stuff and delivering it. like some sort of workhorse. its also about developing strategy, communication methods and related - this FA all the things that started to make sense towards the end of the last one I'm able to put into practice this time and to be far more relaxed and just get on with the teamwork

I believe the gameplay is a touch of.... if you are recruiting and have first timers in a FA, then why not pass on your knowledge and wisdom to them I mean somebodies knowledge of actually doing anything is far more valuable then any form of "written manual" or mechanical device (a poll) and the wiser should have patience and understanding that the grasshopper needs time to learn how to hop..... or something like that lol :)

the only improvement I would like to see is that "cycling of requests" thing sorted out - but there are other topics for that discussion and ultimately it really doesn't bother me if it changes or not.

DeletedUser6046

Well, my point is that the FS or at least the mages should have more power in locking/unlocking waypoints. Agreement on strategy in messages and chat doesn't work. People don't read or misunderstand what is written. I've played in 3 good FSs so far, the last one won a FA and still in every single FS I see people get frustrated and leave because of disagreement about FA strategy. So instead of team building, it's been team demotivating.